Ventoux Review!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Captainwull

I have no idea why this original write up has suddenly drawn more interest after more than a year. Did it suddenly re-appear at the top of a forum somehow? I did read through it last night to remind myself of what a great time we had, but didn't re-post or add anything to it. Strange!

Still.........if people enjoy reading it, and possibly even take some advice from it, then that is fantastic as far as I am concerned.
Might have been my fault, I just joined up and added a comment after reading your post

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Might have been my fault, I just joined up and added a comment after reading your post
Welcome to Cyclechat Captainwull.

Good to see people still reading the write-up. It really was a fantastic week of cycling and I fully intend to go back as soon as possible.

Goggs

Guru
I can see it from here :notworthy:

20161003_165441_zpsyl0prtcs.jpg

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

I can see it from here :notworthy:

20161003_165441_zpsyl0prtcs.jpg
Fantastic!

Love Avignon. The Palais de Pape and Pont Neuf are beautiful structures aren't they. Reading through the plaque in the gardens above the Palais, which details the names of those "transported" by the nazi's brought a tear to my eye though.

We stayed in a village called Boulbon, about 15km south-west of Avignon, and had some great days out in Arles, Nime, Montpellier, Pont du Gard etc. Fully intend to return as soon as we can. Have recently started looking at properties to potentially purchase in the area too. Just love Provence.

Simon_m

Guru
This Easter we stayed in Aix and did a lot of cycling around the area in preparation for our cycle the length of France trip. We stopped off again in Aix, lovely area. Also did Ventoux on the way down to the coast. Nice ride.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Wow, just seen this and I know it's a while back now but thank you for such an informative and enjoyable review. And well done to you and your two companions!

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Have recently started looking at properties to potentially purchase in the area too. Just love Provence.
Do it. Buying my French place has been the best thing I've ever done. Just a shame that the £ has plunged 20% against the Euro. When I was buying, each 1c change added £500 to the cost...

Top Bottom