Ventura cp 50 (argos)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Added bonus as you rode a strava penis :becool:

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Added bonus as you rode a strava penis :becool:
Ha, yeah good spot, hadn't noticed that! How apt.
Our regular club TT on that course was cancelled on Thursday due to rain and unsafe conditions so was chomping at the bit to give it a blast on the new wheels.
As added incentive I kept thinking about yellow saddles thoughts, great motivational tool, whenever I start to suffer I just think of YS and it gives me a boost!

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi Justin,
The Spoon is a good bang for the money saddle and maintains good overall comfort, even on long rides.

I've been wondering if a Thompson seat post upgrade, will make any noticeable improvement in the ride, compared to the oem Ritchie one?

Cheers all
If your seat post is aluminium the try a carbon post, reduces vibration & generally speaking are lighter & more comfortable.

Drago

Legendary Member
A plain cylindrical carbon seat post is no more likely to dampen vibes than a plain cylindrical alloy one. Properly laid carbon is very strong and stiff and requires proper laying up on seat stays etc to attenuate road buzz, otherwise its just as strong and stiff as a comparable metal structure.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Sadly it seems the Ventura CP50 has been dropped from the Argos website and the catalogue. I guess a higher spec carbon bike than the usual Argos fare didn't really catch on with the punters hence the regular "sale" prices, I wonder if they did sell out or whether there is a warehouse full of them somewhere.
It never got down to the bottom price of £399 that I paid nearly a year ago however.

albion

Guru
Well it is online again at £399.

Whether it is 'last orders' for this who knows, but looking at falling carbon prices I excpect to see carbon bikes at £500 or less in future.

sight-pin

Veteran
Cool, Has to be well worth it at that price, nice to see Argos have them in stock again.

User269

Sadly it seems the Ventura CP50 has been dropped from the Argos website and the catalogue. I guess a higher spec carbon bike than the usual Argos fare didn't really catch on with the punters hence the regular "sale" prices, I wonder if they did sell out or whether there is a warehouse full of them somewhere.
It never got down to the bottom price of £399 that I paid nearly a year ago however.

Perfectly good frame, even at twice the price; I don't buy all this stuff about 'cheap' carbon frames as they're all made by the same few manufacturers in Taiwan etc. The Ventura is made by http://liyangbikes.com/ along with other badged brands, and at hugely variable prices.
Having said that, if you continue with the upgrades at your present rate, you might as well have bought Pinarello in the first place! :rofl:

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Well it is online again at £399.

Whether it is 'last orders' for this who knows, but looking at falling carbon prices I excpect to see carbon bikes at £500 or less in future.
Good spot, and an absolute bargain at that price! Strange that it disappeared off the website but is now back again?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Couldn't you get another one and put a TT headset on it ? No idea if the geometry is right for that though :blink:

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Couldn't you get another one and put a TT headset on it ? No idea if the geometry is right for that though :blink:
Interesting idea, I've just been out on my mates moda TT bike and done my local 10, improved by 18 seconds. Ok, it was quite a radical change for me in bike position and in no way was i "comfortable" and I had a few beers last night :whistle: , but the difference for me at the moment between TT bike and my trusty Ventura is not so great.

Rodderstrotter

Very tempted. Thinking of replacing my triban 3 red. Groupset looks similar, calipers not as good (can upgrade later), wheelset an improvement. Sell mine on ebay for about £150, worth about £250 to upgrade, any thoughts?

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Very tempted. Thinking of replacing my triban 3 red. Groupset looks similar, calipers not as good (can upgrade later), wheelset an improvement. Sell mine on ebay for about £150, worth about £250 to upgrade, any thoughts?
Calipers are fine, I just replaced blocks with clarks cps 240.
As to whether it's better or worth it to upgrade, I've no idea!

Top Bottom