Very close police car overtake...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

Desperate? I'm not the one acting as someone else's mouthpiece and defending "Bollocks." as if it's some kind of clincher.

This is too easy anyway. You're too easy.

lit

ok sweetie, keep telling yourself that.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Cyclist33 said:
Well, setting aside your attempt at irony for a minute, no it isn't.

I bet the camera exaggerates the proximity anyway.

Clearly you know nothing about cameras. Items at the extreme sides of the lens, appear to be further away than they are. the wider the lens the worst it is. So in fairness, it was probably closer than it looked!

Cyclist33

gaz said:
Clearly you know nothing about cameras. Items at the extreme sides of the lens, appear to be further away than they are. the wider the lens the worst it is. So in fairness, it was probably closer than it looked!

Bollocks.

(It worked for the other feller.)

Cyclist33

I prefer "consistent with my logic" but you can call it special if you like.

My aunt called it "special" and then she robbed me of my virginity when I was 14, using one of those Specialized mini air pumps. I've never been the same since. The cops were very helpful though so maybe I'm biased in their favour because of that. And probably biased against you too for the inversely-equivalent reason.

You're not my aunt, are you?

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I went back and measured it the other day. 55cm clearance at 45mph. That's not what any good driver does, especially not a trained one. Unless they made a fairly stupid mistake.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I can always take it to an official complaint if the driver fails the attitude test, but I think it's more likely that he will accept his mistake and move on.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
...and here is another video showing just how rubbish the police overtake was, and how stupid those comments saying his overtake was fine are.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZEiNxyxzHk

You can safely fit a 'kin double decker bus in there, with loads of overtaking space, with me slightly further out, and without going across the line. Oh, and still following a fast straight line.

BentMikey said:
...and here is another video showing just how rubbish the police overtake was, and how stupid those comments saying his overtake was fine are.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZEiNxyxzHk

You can safely fit a 'kin double decker bus in there, with loads of overtaking space, with me slightly further out, and without going across the line. Oh, and still following a fast straight line.

Good video. It made me go back and look at the police overtake again. You can see how far its offside tyres are from the centre line. Plenty of room to move out further.

GrasB

Veteran
BM; On a side note what is that little black box you have on the frame there? I've seen you press a button several times in your videos but can't work out what it's doing.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Oh, the one on the main tube, just behind the headset? That's the remote control for the video camera. This camera records in a loop, so press the record/tag button, and it dumps the loop to the SD card. No press, and it discards the loop when it starts a new one.

Crankarm

Guru
The scene of the crime looks like the top of Bromley Hill going toward Bromley as you approach the side junctions on the left of Park Avenue and London Lane.

Why isn't this thread in Room 101 yet?

Top Bottom