Very close police car overtake...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
How can the lesser of two evils be driving so fast and dangerously close to a cyclist, leaving masses of safe room to the right of the police car?

The alternative is so easy even an idiot driver could manage it:
* Wide safe and almost straight line.
* No possibility of conflict with oncoming traffic.
* Offside wheels near the centreline of the road, but far from across it.
* Perfect alignment through the traffic islands for his approaching left turn.

Clearly the second option is by far the safer for both him and myself. Again, all the other drivers managed a similar line easily, but not this driver.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
The only elaboration we need is that you're unwilling to place your own family in that position. That proves my point perfectly.

BentMikey said:
The only elaboration we need is that you're unwilling to place your own family in that position. That proves my point perfectly.

I would be willing to put my ex wife in that position, in fact I may be tempted to give her a push at the opportune moment as well. :sad:

Cyclist33

BentMikey said:
Blimey, this was a tad close, an estimated 50cm at speed on blues and twos from my right shoulder. Should I report it?

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnH8hjjgbw

I'm not comfortable with being overtaken like that - especially after I made the effort to pull over well early and well before the traffic islands to make it easy for his overtake.

I should imagine that they knew exactly what they were doing and have driven that car faster through trickier situations than past a bloke on a recumbent bike who's already clearly stopped.

What are you fussing about?!

Cyc

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Cyclist33 said:
I should imagine that they knew exactly what they were doing and have driven that car faster through trickier situations than past a bloke on a recumbent bike who's already clearly stopped.

What are you fussing about?!

Cyc

Bollocks.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
No, I'm going to go the informal route, one of my neighbours is a copper and knows someone in the dog section where this car is apparently from. A quiet word may be effective enough since I only want for this driver to learn from their mistake, I don't need a pound of flesh with it.

Besides, I feel it might be wise not to go the formal route, perhaps that's a little overly paranoid but I'm used to police in Africa who may sometimes have fewer scruples about comeback on complaints.

Crankarm

Guru
BentMikey said:
No, I'm going to go the informal route, one of my neighbours is a copper and knows someone in the dog section where this car is apparently from. A quiet word may be effective enough since I only want for this driver to learn from their mistake, I don't need a pound of flesh with it.

Besides, I feel it might be wise not to go the formal route, perhaps that's a little overly paranoid but I'm used to police in Africa who may sometimes have fewer scruples about comeback on complaints.

You think the driver concerned might try to run you down next time or set Fido on you ;)? I don't think so.

Top Bottom