Very close police car overtake...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Is it really necessary to post links to a troll/demon pit like URC? There's no point in hanging out there at all, which is why URCM was created.

God that looks worse every time I see it.

That cop pass on my c74 video is much better...he made such an effort the cop car driver was nearer the car to the right than to me to the left.:biggrin:

Origamist

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
Is it really necessary to post links to a troll/demon pit like URC? There's no point in hanging out there at all, which is why URCM was created.

URC makes me laugh, URCM doesn't...

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Yeah, I feel quite sorry for them. Life must be very bad to make posts like that, and to groupie on a cycling forum when they are very likely not cyclists.

Origamist

Legendary Member
hackbike 666 said:
If that's was what I was just looking at they seem like very bitter motorists.:biggrin:

They're more wind-up merchants, but they reflect the views of a sizeable number of motorists...

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Catrike UK said:
Just saw the video, he was too close and there was no need for it, Mikey swore though so he should be executed.

Executed Catrike, a bit harsh that. However I just watched the vid with the sound up......

Mickey
Ticket in the post Section 5 POA (That girl looked harrased and distressed by your outburst). Sign it and send it back with £80 c/o PC Vike,

Vikeonabike said:
Mickey
Ticket in the post Section 5 POA (That girl looked harrased and distressed by your outburst). Sign it and send it back with £80 c/o PC Vike,

We are all disapointed in Mikey...I thought he was a top cyclist with impeccible manners.:smile:

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL @ Vike!

I reckon I'd contest that one, IANAL but I'm sure having some clown swing a lethal weapon that close to me is reasonable justification for an exclamation of shock!!

I've been away (watching the crazy no lights at night cyclists of London!!). Anyway, let me put this simply.

It was a very VERY poor overtake. Blues or not, that was completely unacceptable. End of. Mikey I hope you have reported that. I think the local police need a little reminder of their responsibilities to other road users.

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
That driver could easily have moved over to effect a safer overtake but failed to do so. I can understand that he would have seen you had stopped in order to allow him clear passage but I still think it was way too close - especially at that speed.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Went back and measured, it looks like the car's left hand side was ~125cm from the kerb, and my right shoulder was ~70cm, giving me 55cm of space. The road is 4.5m wide, from the kerb to the centreline at that point.

All other cars overtaking me there seem to pass almost twice as far from the kerb as that driver did, and all without putting wheels across the centreline. The 1.5m they give me is *lovely*, whilst the 55cm that driver gave me is pretty poor driving, considering how much faster he was going.

Top Bottom