Very Near Collision...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They may have been unsighted originally, if the driver was on the left but WTF they keep on coming even when they're straight on :rolleyes:

I'll say again I'm glad you are OK!

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

HLaB said:
They may have been unsighted originally, if the driver was on the left but WTF they keep on coming even when they're straight on :ohmy:

I'll say again I'm glad you are OK!

Thank you and funnily enough so am I.:rolleyes:

This is why I say cycling isn't safe so long as they let clowns drive cars....sorry that's an insult to clowns.Don't get complacent because you will get some moron doing something like this...Makes the bus pullout a few weeks ago look relatively tame.

With his positioning originally I can only think he was snorting coke at the time.:sad:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Jesus H, Hackers, that brought back a few memories! Glad you're ok.

Kinda recognise the road but just can't place it. Whereabouts in the 'Jewel of East London' is that?

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Bollo said:

Kinda recognise the road but just can't place it. Whereabouts in the 'Jewel of East London' is that?
10f2ibs.jpg

It's near Chobham Road Stratford where I fell off in 2001 or 2002 and the mini rounderbout of which I fell off about 2007...Can't remember the road off hand but it's near Temple Mills Lane.Oh the 2012 site is up the road to the right as is the mini rounderbout and the Wheelers pub.

It's almost a carbon copy of your one.

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
Bollo said:

The 4x4fools are just as bad in the west, I'm sorry to add!

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Tinuts said:
The 4x4fools are just as bad in the west, I'm sorry to add!

Unusual though and that's a rarity what happened or I have usually sussed it early...sussing it so late when he made the move means I just about got away with it...but that thing looks nasty to have an argument with...as I said the foreign plates puts a different slant on it.

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
hackbike 666 said:
Unusual though and that's a rarity what happened or I have usually sussed it early...sussing it so late when he made the move means I just about got away with it...but that thing looks nasty to have an argument with...as I said the foreign plates puts a different slant on it.
Foreign or not, you still have to look where you're going. Glad it didn't end badly! At least the vehicle didn't have bull-bars.....

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
hackbike 666 said:
10f2ibs.jpg

It's near Chobham Road Stratford where I fell off in 2001 or 2002 and the mini rounderbout of which I fell off about 2007...Can't remember the road off hand but it's near Temple Mills Lane.Oh the 2012 site is up the road to the right as is the mini rounderbout and the Wheelers pub.

It's almost a carbon copy of your one.

Thought I recognised it. It's Major Road (A112). Sometimes used by me to escape from the in-laws, for which I thank it.

I still get twitchy with cars looking to turn right across me, even after a couple of years. What I find scary about those sort of collisions is that an emergency swerve could leave you on the road and being run over. About the only thought that went through my head in the 0.75 seconds I had to react was "don't fall under the front".

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

I wasn't looking at the car I was looking at the pavement wondering where I could go...the pavement looked like a mountain.

Strange thing is I didn't notice the headlights though at the start when it looked like it was parked I noticed the strange positioning.

Major Road...sounds familiar.

Eek! :smile: Very close to a nasty one! Glad you're ok!

Funnily enough I had an incident with a foreign plated car today. Driving the car on approach to a roundabout, I look right to see a car on the 'bout. Slow to let it pass, it slows, indicates left and starts to turn up the road towards me. The approach that I am on is a dual carriage way...one way! :ohmy: They soon realised the err of their ways! Our fault for driving on the wrong side I suppose....:biggrin:

Crankarm

Guru
Beejesus that made me jump. Reg KLI 15010 could be Austrian, but could also be Polish as the plate looks like it could be one of theirs. How did he/she manage to miss you? Did you scream? The fool suddenly turned without indicating. Did you stop and did they apologise? That's one of your 9 lives gone.

It probably lives nearby. A little looking might find it ........

Crankarm

Guru
magnatom said:
Eek! :smile: Very close to a nasty one! Glad you're ok!

Funnily enough I had an incident with a foreign plated car today. Driving the car on approach to a roundabout, I look right to see a car on the 'bout. Slow to let it pass, it slows, indicates left and starts to turn up the road towards me. The approach that I am on is a dual carriage way...one way! :ohmy: They soon realised the err of their ways! Our fault for driving on the wrong side I suppose....:biggrin:

F*ck me! Was it an East European plate if so probably pi55sed.

Welcome back Magna. Where you been hiding?

Top Bottom