very near miss tonight - considering calling it a day !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
After every near miss, fall of a bike, riding into wind, rain and heavy traffic i consider giving up cycling for at least an hour.

After 30 years as a cyclist you may well be the same, consider a flashing light at the front of your bike in day time but main thing is just get back on your bike and have fun.

Already front and rear daylight flashers.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It makes me wonder why you would get down on the drops on a steep hill if you didnt have a clear view ahead.
Is this for real? You have a much better grip on the brake levers from the drops than the hoods. "...get into the drops with your hands near the brakes. Flying down a hill is not the proper time to be casually steering your bike from the brake hoods."

Any good webcams for under £100 anyone ?
See http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cheap-action-camera.210938/

I wonder how many cars have webcams...
Increasingly many as useful ones are now cheap and easy enough (wired into the aux socket, automatically on on power on, automatically deleting the oldest footage) that they're seen as a worthwhile tool to counter the lying scum who deny their actions after a collision.

personally, cycling for me is a convenient form of transport, if I make it more difficult by having to maintain another gadget, I may just pack it in. Who needs one more thing to attach and recharge.
I know what you mean, but simple cameras aren't that difficult, save me time photographing road faults to report to the council and if I don't have time to pick it up or slot it onto the holder on the bike, then no harm done and I just ride like before.

consider a flashing light at the front of your bike in day time
You might as well hang a rabbit's foot on the front of your bike! The problem is they're not looking, not that you're invisible.

but main thing is just get back on your bike and have fun.
But that's good advice :bicycle: :smile:

Lonestar

Veteran
Increasingly many as useful ones are now cheap and easy enough (wired into the aux socket, automatically on on power on, automatically deleting the oldest footage) that they're seen as a worthwhile tool to counter the lying scum who deny their actions after a collision.

I agree and I have no problem with that.

si_c

Guru
My Dad has an sjcam 4000(?) WiFi which has excellent video, and is cheap at around 60 notes. Audio is not great, but for just a video recording you can't go wrong. Plus it's cheap enough you can get one front one rear, and it comes with gopro compatible mounts.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
I try and stay away from roads as much as is possible as no matter how sensible you ride and act, cars weigh over a ton, travel fast and some not all drivers are peanuts.
I ride a hybrid.
It's a safer world if you are able to. All depends on where you live I suppose and how good/bad the cycle network is.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
o/p here, I discussed near miss with mrs kingrollo - and we both agreed the only way to overcome the trauma was a major wheel upgrade on my best bike - quite pleased with the results !

kuotawithwheels.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru
o/p here, I discussed near miss with mrs kingrollo - and we both agreed the only way to overcome the trauma was a major wheel upgrade on my best bike - quite pleased with the results !

View attachment 350748

:thumbsup:

Top Bottom