Very scary overtake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been off last week so I have only got to posting this now.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2nwJ1g9Dn4

This was a pretty scary overtake when I was in a strong secondary position. It really shook me up at the time, however, I held my composure and took my primary position for the approaching junction. Obviously the 'chap' behind me didn't like that, and proceeded to do a stupid undertake.

Of course I caught up with them moments later and in good old fashioned magnatom style I just had to say something :smile: The guy how did the overtake said sorry, but it was pretty empty. :biggrin:

To balance this I was back on the bike today (working today) and I had a lovely cycle in. Nice weather and hardly a car on the roads. I almost wish I was working on Easter Sunday! :tongue:

P.S. Am I the first to embed a video here then? :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
What a total tosser!! I think he should have been given slightly more than a strong word in his ear for that. Glad you survived though mate.

Maz

Guru
that was scary, magnatom. i think the overtaker was pretty much blanking you out. Glad you're ok!

[had to whack the volume down sharpish cos the kids were in the room at the time! :smile:]

Odyssey

I try to stay off the road where and when I can so I tend to avoid these problems usually. I was out the other day and set sail on the road for a mere 200 yards or so, in which time I was overtaken by an articulated lorry approximately 4 inches away from my shoulder. It only served to remind me why I prefer the freedom of the pavement.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

tdr1nka said:
Well held Magnatom, that looked rough, and in the wet an' all.

Do I recognise the junction where you meet the standing traffic as the one where you had a nasty bus moment?

It is the same junction where the bus tried to bully me off the road, but I came from a different approach (East approach with the bus, South approach for this video)

It's the part of my commute where I come across most problems. It's a complicated junction so the drivers are often concentrating on which lane they should be in and not what is ahead of them. (It has one of those, 'you need to turn left to go right' sections!)

However, when I don't have problems like this I like this junction. I can usually keep up with the traffic and I like the look on folks faces when they see me keeping up! :smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Odyssey said:
I try to stay off the road where and when I can so I tend to avoid these problems usually. I was out the other day and set sail on the road for a mere 200 yards or so, in which time I was overtaken by an articulated lorry approximately 4 inches away from my shoulder. It only served to remind me why I prefer the freedom of the pavement.

Ummm... I assume you mean cycle paths or shared paths...? :smile:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Is Odyssey based in Leicester by any chance?

Odyssey

magnatom said:
Ummm... I assume you mean cycle paths or shared paths...? :smile:

Anywhere that I'm not going to be killed. I live in the back end of nowhere though so it's not too difficult.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
I'm starting to change my mind -Looking at the punishments dished out to car drivers (Mel Vaseys killer for instance) I've personally got much less of a problem with pavement riders now than I used to have.

Tynan

Veteran
what a quaint accent you have magna, like something in a film that I wouldn't believe

busy old bit of road that

That was seriously nasty!! Glad your ok Mag, though you are going to have to do a fair old amount of cycling to get back the time that he took off your life!!!

A horrible reminder of your mortality, perpetuated by yet another moron in a cage.

Top Bottom