Very scary overtake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
well done for keeping your cool by the way, their driving (as you point out to join a queue a nanosecond earlier than they would have) was abysmal.

Magna

Not nice mate :blush::ohmy:

Anniesland Cross looks like fun on a morning commute :blush:, glad my commute is less busy/stressful (although I do still get these numptys pulling similar manoeveres)

Perhaps when you have your BBC interview, you should produce that clip as evidence of what cyclists have to put up with in Glasgow;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Thanks guys for the comments. I must admit I didn't feel in any danger at the time, I just got a shock as he appeared out of no-where. Maybe I should have spotted him sooner, who knows.

Looking back at it though, you are at their mercy. If they misjudge your speed, where you are on the road etc just a little bit it could be very different.

Anyway, I'm not the sort to get phased or to worry about these things it just shook me at the time.

Rab, if I had the time I would produce a wee montage of my incidents. Alas I am too busy at the moment. Work is going very well at the moment and I hope that one day I will be more famous for that, than my cycling endevours (or is it infamy?). :blush:

Well it doesn't just happen in city's you'll be glad to know. Out today on a not so big or busy road. Lorry coming the other way, me about 2/3 foot off the side which means no room to pass for traffic behind and I heard a small truck coming fast from behind. I judged his approach, stopped pedalling and moved left to the verge. He missed me but clipped something on the lorry coming the other way - muppet.

Coach behind him slowed right down and waited for the other lane to clear. As he accelarated past I gave him a thumbs up as a thank you and he gave me a short friendly honk: Damned loud horn, I cr@pped myself :smile:

ChipSeal

davidtq said:
This is the thing with cycling isnt it, we do all we can to avoid incidents and manage to cut them down by doing so but pure stupidity you are never going to be able to stop :sad:.

Some drivers are capable of running into the back of a double decker bus HGV in broad day light in traffic...

We have a sayin' in Texas; "You can't fix stupid."

Thank the Lord that the stupid ones are so few!

davidtq said:
This is the thing with cycling isnt it, we do all we can to avoid incidents and manage to cut them down by doing so but pure stupidity you are never going to be able to stop :tongue:.

Some drivers are capable of running into the back of a double decker bus HGV in broad day light in traffic...

It's not done deliberately obviously.

I always check for motorists concentration levels lwhich at the best of times seems pretty low.:sad:

davidtq said:
This is the thing with cycling isnt it, we do all we can to avoid incidents and manage to cut them down by doing so but pure stupidity you are never going to be able to stop :tongue:.

It's not done deliberately obviously.

I always check for motorists concentration levels which at the best of times seems pretty low.:sad:

Top Bottom