Very small under saddle bag for tools, tubes, patches etc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rrarider

Veteran
Back in the 1980s, I bough this bag for my bike. It's a bit worn now and the Velcro fixed strap that went over the saddle rails has come off. I would like to replace it with something similar. Such things were common 30 years ago but I can't seem to find one now. Even SJS don't seem to have anything.

Bag2_zpsnjkpshqq.jpg

Bag1_zpsrzv0gzmf.jpg

Can anyone please tell me where such bags are available these days?

Last edited:

lpretro1

Just look online - there are thousands of bags out there of all shapes and sizes!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The Bontrager Pro packs are good, cost around £12-15, have a rock steady 3 point velcro fastening, so nice and toight. Fully waterproof, and enough room for everything you could have got in your packit. Mine will take a tube, a full patch kit, a CO2 inflation system, money and keys, with room to spare.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Carradice Classic Alston? Not cheap at £40, though.

A very small drybag might be an alternative? Starts from £4 for 1 litre, but you'd need a strap for either the rails or the seatpost (whichever you didn't clip it to).

Goggs

Guru
Back in the 1980s, I bough this bag for my bike. It's a bit worn now and the Velcro fixed strap that went over the saddle rails has come off. I would like to replace it with something similar. Such things were common 30 years ago but I can't seem to find one now. Even SJS don't seem to have anything.

Bag2_zpsnjkpshqq.jpg

Bag1_zpsrzv0gzmf.jpg

Can anyone please tell me where such bags are available these days?

Snap! I also had one of these on my Falcon. I think I've owned the same lock as you've got there too.

I can heartily recommend the Topeak range of 'wedges'. Excellent products and great value too. Go for the ones that use the 'F25 Fixer' rather than the all-velcro models.

si_c

Guru
I've got a topeak aero wedge in the small size, it has plenty of space for 2x tubes, multitool, levers, 3 CO2 containers and inflator, puncture repair kit (patches, glue, etc).

I've also been looking for a larger size unit for day long rides, been looking at Alpkit stuff, as well as blackburn and ortlieb saddle bags, but I think the latter two are probably too large for what you are looking for.

As @Goggs said, the topeak bags with the quick release clip are great.

Goggs

Guru
I got a spare f25 bracket to swap bag to No.2 bike.

I had my my Topeak wedge & bar bag mounts on my last bike when it got nicked. I've managed to replace the F8 front mount but can't source an F25 in France for the life of me. Anyone else is charging so much for postage I might as well re-purchase the wedge bag whilst I'm at it.

Top Bottom