Vibrant bike colours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
View attachment 506926
Nothing dull about my bike.

Are you a Postman.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'm biased, but I've yet to see a colour scheme better than the 2016 Boardman Pro Carbon:

The colour schemes on the subsequent Boardman ranges have been uninspiring at best and were a major factor in me buying the Giant, which also has bright green detailing:

That said, Giant appear to have gone down the same route since.

Both bikes have green dust caps as well, just to set things off nicley.

The Giant replaced this Boardman Road Comp which had a fantastic "liquid mercury" paint job which really popped in the sunlight:

It originally came with white bar tape, which looked fantastic but it was impossible to keep clean.

The Raleigh Amazon I had in the 90s also had a great paint job - I've never seen as much metallic flake in a finish. The base colour was green, but the flake could make it look different colours depending on the angle you looked at it from.

FWIW, I also have a pearlescent orange car (with orange dust caps) ;)

Smudge

Veteran
I'm biased, but I've yet to see a colour scheme better than the 2016 Boardman Pro Carbon:
View attachment 514380
The colour schemes on the subsequent Boardman ranges have been uninspiring at best and were a major factor in me buying the Giant, which also has bright green detailing:
View attachment 514381

That said, Giant appear to have gone down the same route since.

Both bikes have green dust caps as well, just to set things off nicley.

The Giant replaced this Boardman Road Comp which had a fantastic "liquid mercury" paint job which really popped in the sunlight:

View attachment 514382
It originally came with white bar tape, which looked fantastic but it was impossible to keep clean.

The Raleigh Amazon I had in the 90s also had a great paint job - I've never seen as much metallic flake in a finish. The base colour was green, but the flake could make it look different colours depending on the angle you looked at it from.

FWIW, I also have a pearlescent orange car (with orange dust caps) ;)

That Giant is a great colour scheme. Bright loud colours work well juxtaposed with a conservative grey like that.

Mrs M

Guru
Passed a friendly young man out on our ride today.
He was aboard one of these.
Though it was very smart, looks brighter in person.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I like brightly coloured bikes. They are more visible to motorists - in the daytime anyway - so it could be argued that they might be a bit safer. Hard to miss some of them! ^_^

Top Bottom