Vibrant bike colours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
I bought my BTwin Triban 3 about 5 years ago. It was an end of line bike as they were phasing out that model. It has an aluminium alloy frame and carbon front forks. I think I paid £250 for it (reduced from £300) which I thought was a bargain.

View attachment 511906

…I put a white charge spoon saddle on the bike and it looks absolutely fantastic (fantastic enough for the bloke who nicked it; Lucky for me the white seat was enough for me to spot the guy riding it and I wrestled it back off him).

Presumably, Decathlon have some kind of marketing data to back up their choice of colours, but I personally do not understand why the colours are so dull. Every time I see a bike with nice colours it seems to be very popular. I'm thinking of brands like Bianchi who have that turquoise bike with the black lettering; Absolutely gorgeous!

Perhaps it's just me. Do you agree or disagree?

First, well done on your successful wrestling match. Second, your BTwin and my Langster could be fraternal twins:

Ic9gnMk.jpg

though I don’t see any skullage on yours.

YhadBLe.jpg

The colour of those early Langsters never appealed. It was an impulse buy when I was at a shop getting another bike worked on. Seduced by the ride and price (also talked down £50, to £300), I merely accepted it.

My preferred colour scheme is titanium and black

xKrlyWC.jpg

in part because whenever I see a brilliantly painted bike, great looking though it may be, I worry on the owner’s behalf: what if it gets scratched, as surely it must at some point? <shudder>

These woodgrain paint jobs are pretty cool. Scroll down – a white saddle for you.

Gunk

Guru
More pictures / whole bike please :wub:

I’m a bit partial to red, here is my BMC ALR01

DE143529-659E-482C-BF64-7462056528EA.jpeg

mustang1

Legendary Member
I bought my BTwin Triban 3 about 5 years ago. It was an end of line bike as they were phasing out that model. It has an aluminium alloy frame and carbon front forks. I think I paid £250 for it (reduced from £300) which I thought was a bargain.

View attachment 511906

When you look at the current range of Decathlon road-bikes they are all really bland colours. Even the ones that are blue or red are a darkish hue or only a red or blue streak on a predominantly black or darkish colour. Maybe it is just me but I like vibrant colours. I put a white charge spoon saddle on the bike and it looks absolutely fantastic (fantastic enough for the bloke who nicked it; Lucky for me the white seat was enough for me to spot the guy riding it and I wrestled it back off him).

Presumably, Decathlon have some kind of marketing data to back up their choice of colours, but I personally do not understand why the colours are so dull. Every time I see a bike with nice colours it seems to be very popular. I'm thinking of brands like Bianchi who have that turquoise bike with the black lettering; Absolutely gorgeous!

Perhaps it's just me. Do you agree or disagree?
Yeah I love the Bianchi Celeste. In fact women bikes have far nicer colours than boring men colour bikes.
When I was a kid I ha d a Raleigh, uh what's the name, MTB, in cyan colour with pink bubbles. I fitted a bright pink D lock to it. Also used to wear really bright t shirt and shorts.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
1. This was the result of the idea "somewhere from classic Saviem/ Renault blue to maybe between 5012 & 5015 RAL." Many thanks to Autostrada.

2. This was the result of an idea "dark blue with sparkles." Many thanks to Mario Vaz.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
What bike is that @SuperHans123 ?

I really like it!
It's the Cannondale Treadwell 2
https://www.evanscycles.com/cannondale-treadwell-2-2020-hybrid-bike-EV360894
Got it around 8 months ago from Cycle Store for a bargaintastic £525 (Normally £700)
Changed the tyres to some Continental 32"s and added some mudguards and DMR 'Vault' pedals.

Last edited:

anothersam

SMIDSMe
0zfwDXB.jpg

“After rumours began concerning how I had chosen the colour of my masterpiece, I was summoned to the royal palace one evening and informed by our magnificent queen herself that she did, in fact, go commando by special request of her consort. I was then sworn to secrecy.”

Top Bottom