Vibrant bike colours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
1583352765056.jpeg

Lime green with a glittery shimmer for me. It was heavily discounted though:laugh:

Tenkaykev

Guru
That makes sense - one for every day of the week and a (possible) spare. :laugh:

Mrs Tenkay and I have two Brommies each.
My two are Orange and Black and Red and Black.
Mrs Tenkay has a Papyrus White, and a sparkly Purple one.
I reckon 3 more Bromptons and we could have a " Rainbow Collection"
The B75 is a nice blue, so just need a green one and a yellow one 👍🤔😉

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I've always preferred more conservative colours, on my bikes, motorcycles and cars. These colours never date like bright loud colours. They're also less conspicuous when locked up in town.
I don't mind coloured accents, but i prefer the main colours to be black or black with white, or any metallic or gloss dark colours.
All my bikes have understated colours that i never tire of.... with the exception on one that is bright neon red and tbh the colour grates on me and i'm tempted to get rid of it.
Pretty much this tbh.

As a rule I'm fairly "conservative" (boring); monochrome with a few highlights in a single colour are always good, along with more understated colours; dark hues and maybe some pastels but nothing neon or really bright. IMO matt / drab colours look good too - greys and greens for a purposeful, industrial vibe.

IMO a good rule of thumb is anything more than about 2-3 abundant colours and things start to look a bit of a mess (unless it's intentionally very multi-coloured). Equally trying to make everything look the same colour (usually black) tends to look gash.

All that said I do happen to love the (not really understated at all) sunburst on the current Genesis Fugio :tongue:
side_1563363183_lg.jpg

As much as I'd like to say non-functional stuff like this doesn't matter to me, I was particularly pleased with my Boardman which is mostly white with grey detailing, small red accents and black components while the bottle cages are black with white and red bits and the Polar head unit white with black and red bits so it all matches 😊

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The like is for the like for the Fugio colour scheme, my that's good!

Don't be coming on a vibrant colour bike thread saying you like monochrome... that's the equivalent of going on a TV thread to say you don't own a TV, or going on a football thread to say you don't like football. Get that Fugio dammit! ^_^

All uphill

Still rolling along
Agreed. Bikes for the last couple of years have been bloody dull as hell.
Black frames. Black forks. Black bars, stems, seatposts, saddles, wheels, drive trains, the lot. Its soooooooooo bloody boooooooriiiiiiiiiiing.
One of the reasons I built my own was to do the exact opposite of the industry standard and go bling. I've done everything I can to avoid black on my bike - I even replaced the stock black bolts on the disc brake calipers.
Only thing left to do really is get it repainted at some point. Currently it's a nice metallic blue but it's really dark.
I'm thinking some sort of red atm but it's not a final choice.

View attachment 506817
I think we are thinking similarly @Vantage !

IMG-20190428-WA0001.jpeg

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
The like is for the like for the Fugio colour scheme, my that's good!

Don't be coming on a vibrant colour bike thread saying you like monochrome... that's the equivalent of going on a TV thread to say you don't own a TV, or going on a football thread to say you don't like football. Get that Fugio dammit! ^_^
To be fair the option was there in the OP to disagree with said opinion ;)

As it happens I don't have a TV or like football - are there other threads on these subjects I can derail too? :tongue:

I'd love the Fugio but sadly it's far too expensive and tbh I'm not a huge fan of the composite forks on the steel frame or 1x groupset. Still teetering on the brink of a "dad loves steam engines" green Croix De Fer though :smile:

My Surly Straggler is in Blueberry Sparkle, at a distance it might pass off as dull, but up close and personal, you can see shimmering speckles. Love it! Before that I had a Surly Disc Trucker frame in baby blue which was also rather fetching.

straggler650b_5b.jpg

fullsizeoutput_58e.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom