Vickster, OTP (of this parish) - down Feb 2014 - The Recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's annoying to say the least, a little over 31/2 years for myself in getting it settled.

Don't let the buggers grind you down!
Nothing more I can do, down to the lawyers now

Boon 51

Veteran
Best of luck with it all vickster.. Hope it doesn't drag on too much longer.
Just to cheer you up I had a court case against the NCB and that lasted 6 years.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Sadly settling personal injury claims take an age, as you need to get to the point where the final long-term prognosis is known, as there’s no second bite of the legal cherry. I was knocked off a motorcycle years ago, and it took about a year until the long-term effects were known and then a further three years after that for final settlement.

Hope that the medical outcome proves better than expected, and the claim is eventually settled with as little additional hassle as possible.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Wow, I was 10 pages in and wondering how I'd missed this thread before noticing I was a few years late to the party. It's been quite the journey. Hope the claim is resolved soon!

Slick

Guru
The delay is due to the trial being pulled and thus no urgency to negotiate
Different reasons, but the last time I was in court, the other side wouldn't even acknowledge that I existed until the trial was about to start. I'm not sure if they thought I was going away or not but I thought it was a pathetic tactic and I also think there should be some kind of claw back for any court costs incurred for anyone who employs such a tactic. I'm sure you won't need it, but I know it's still a stressful time, so good luck getting this sorted.

Top Bottom