Vickster, OTP (of this parish) - down Feb 2014 - The Recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
The pitfalls of thread ressurection. ;)

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Well @jefmcg would you believe that I was knocked off two years yesterday! I still have a manky leg, a knackered shoulder needing surgery (although hard to prove a result of the accident despite having no risk factors other than being injured at the time) and am not very near to settling!

Unsurprisingly, I no longer own the bike I was riding :biggrin: (which was pretty much unscathed)

How time flies! :wacko:
It just makes me extremely angry that motorists don't think of the consequences when they overtake cyclists so closely. Just a small miscalculation by either participant can put the cyclist in hospital, with years of painful rehabilitation, loss of income, protracted legal disputes, etc. All because someone couldn't wait a few seconds.

Good luck with the legal stuff, @vickster .

[Oh, and before anyone comments: yes, I have read this entire thread]

All because someone couldn't wait a few seconds.
i hope he had been in a hurry. Despite Vickster looking very poorly and going off in an ambulance with her plans for the next several days at least obviously down the toilet; her brother having his evening thrown onto disarray; and by the time I got to dinner party I delayed from, my meal was pretty dried out, and my partner was drunk :cursing:, Despite all this, the driver was getting pretty impatient, looking at his watch and being snippy with me as they waited for another police car to arrive with the breathalyzer. And I am pretty sure Vickster, me nor her brother had knocked anyone off their bicycle that night. Oh, yes and the poor witness who was there in the cold for good hour.

So yeah, I hope he was in a hurry and it ruined his evening. Oh, and that his cyclist son shouted at him for being so stupid.

The leg is as it is. Shoulder surgery in a month
Fingers Crossed for you!

vickster

Legendary Member
Well time for an update...18 months since last post...to demonstrate the glacial pace at which PI claims can move...

Had a second shoulder op in Dec 2016 to release stiff capsule, followed by a steroid injection and loads of physio (I still go occasionally when it's especially sore and stiff)

Still got leg pain (deeper down especially if it's jolted on bike, speedhump, pothole etc) and numbness over scar

I've had (hopefully) the last two expert reviews (leg and shoulder) on 1 Aug and the reports are in (yep took 8 weeks :rolleyes:)

Shoulder, based on evidence, balance of probabilities is it's down to accident, no more treatment will be helpful. 'Tis what it is in terms of pain and function (restricted rom and strength), no physical jobs possible for me in the future :whistle:

Leg...need 12 weeks of physio to hopefully desensitise scar and reduce superficial pain. Waiting to be organised.
Deeper pain, he's not sure, so need to have an MRI to look at the bone. I have an arthritic knee, which could be culprit and referring pain. I'm not convinced it has anything to do with the knee, it's nowhere near the knee ultimately. MRI will hopefully shed light

So....no likelihood of settling in 2017 I'd say...

The bills are certainly racking up...I've not had a penny (not that I've pushed), might be able to settle OOPs sooner

Solicitor asked me for availability to attend court over the next 12 months, albeit unlikely as driver admitted liability...ooh 3.5 years ago :rolleyes:

He's probably forgotten all about it by now!

Sheesh! :wacko:

Last edited:
Top Bottom