Vickster, OTP (of this parish) - down Feb 2014 - The Recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks everyone :smile:. Thankfully I have a bucketload of painkillers at my disposal due to the dodgy knee!

vickster

Legendary Member
I have spoken to the driver, he is glad I am not too badly hurt and don't intent to claim against him. His son is going to sort my bike out when it suits. I might see what the shop has in the way of tights as mine had to be cut off. The nurses wouldn't let me try to take them off, for fear of pain and further damage to leg! Fortunately, they were some older gore ones and not some £300 assos jobbies :biggrin:

I have spoken to the driver, he is glad I am not too badly hurt and don't intent to claim against him. His son is going to sort my bike out when it suits. I might see what the shop has in the way of tights as mine had to be cut off. The nurses wouldn't let me try to take them off, for fear of pain and further damage to leg! Fortunately, they were some older gore ones and not some £300 assos jobbies :biggrin:

of course they were the £300 assos jobbies :whistle:

Get well soon. I know the bruise is probably more than a dead leg but I used to find that riding the bike helped to keep it mobile.

Ouch, that sounds like quite a fright!

Hope you recover fully in time for your planned event/s.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not wishing to scare anyone but...that's the bruise lump on my calf :ohmy:

I don't actually know what it hit!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 201

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Not wishing to scare anyone but...that's the bruise lump on my calf :ohmy:

I don't actually know what it hit!

I came off on the Selby Sportive, it was just a stupid slow fall on a gravely corner cut knee and arm and that's it. A couple of days later my chest started hurting in the rib area and I couldn't work out for the life of me what the hell had hit me there. The best I could work out is that the handle bar end had pinched me in the chest and either badly bruised or fractured a rib so I know what you mean it can be difficult to work out what hit you where.

Top Bottom