Video from my new helmet cam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abo

Nice one lightning! :tongue:

Seriously though, looking at the trees there I bet it it steeper than it seems on the film?

What sort of cam do you have?

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I'd say it is about a 2:1 gradient. The cam is a Action Camera made in China. It doesn't even have a model number :laugh: I thought I had some better videos today but rain must have got on the lens as it was like watching the footage through cataracts :sad:

C

chillyuk

I have one of those Action Cams. I don't think the picture quality is up to the Muvi standard but you can take a couple of memory cards and a few spare batteries which for me gives the Actioncam the edge,

abo

Was toying with the idea of a Muvi and sticking it on the bars. They look a bit daft on you helmet (ooer) IMHO. Amazon have them on offer at the mo...

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
My concern with the bar mounting is that the video would be extremely twitchy (well if you ride like me it would be :laugh:) That said I may well give it a go as most of my attempts shooting from the helmet (ooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) have been crap.
Was toying with the idea of a Muvi and sticking it on the bars. They look a bit daft on you helmet (ooer) IMHO. Amazon have them on offer at the mo...

abo

Hmm good point about the bar mount... Maybe some sort of frame mount, I'm sure I could soon knock something up

edit: thinking about it, a frame mount could end up with a pretty juddery video too, guess helmet is really the way to go, with the body acting as a shock absorber lol

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Getting the alignment correct is the hardest part I have found especially as the cam I have goes not have a particularly wide angle lens. Trial and error seems to be the name of the game.:tired:
Hmm good point about the bar mount... Maybe some sort of frame mount, I'm sure I could soon knock something up

edit: thinking about it, a frame mount could end up with a pretty juddery video too, guess helmet is really the way to go, with the body acting as a shock absorber lol

abo

I bid on an Oregon Scientific but the bidding had gone higher than the tenner I wanted to pay for a used low def budget helmet cam :tongue: Thinking about saving for a new set of forks otherwise I'd be tempted with one of those 'no-brand' cams to record my n00b exploits

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Trouble is many people think if something is on e-bay it must be a bargain. Great for seller but not so good for buyer. Glad you had sense to fix a max price :smile:
I bid on an Oregon Scientific but the bidding had gone higher than the tenner I wanted to pay for a used low def budget helmet cam :tongue: Thinking about saving for a new set of forks otherwise I'd be tempted with one of those 'no-brand' cams to record my n00b exploits

abo

Trouble is many people think if something is on e-bay it must be a bargain. Great for seller but not so good for buyer. Glad you had sense to fix a max price :smile:

Yeah, gotta keep some common sense on there. Mind you, I;ve sold a few bits that skyrocketed when I thought they'd be cheapo sells, so I guess it can work both ways :whistle:

Top Bottom