Video - Think he wanted to join me on my bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dondare

Über Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
In response to Dondare's comments:
After the original turn at the lights he was quite slow to get up to speed (i.e. I could hear him way back) so no point in not taking the position I did as he was nowhere near me.

As for the "long space between cars"... not sure where you saw that. ;)

There's a brief gap where I go past a left hand junction, then there's a parked car again.. with a gap just after it, but unless I reduced my speed quite a bit (as well as moving left) I would have run out of room in the gap by the time he had finally gotten past (as can be seen between 26 - 30 seconds as he passes me).

Using a similar argument, couldn't have just waited until that last vehicle passed the other way... the road was then clear. No, of course he couldn't as he's clearly a muppet.

He could, and should have held back until there was room to pass you safely.
But part of "sharing the road" means sharing it with drivers (and cyclists) who are peanuts. Those of us who are capable of demonstrating due care and consideration have to make allowences for those who aren't.
That doesn't mean giving way every time but sometimes it's better to do so.

If I'd been driving the Landy I'd have given you all the time and space that you needed.
If I'd been cycling I'd have pulled in a bit more when he overtook and then let him stay ahead; as it was you ended up in a stupid narrow cycle lane with a parked car on the left hand side and the vehicle-pulling-a-trailer on your right, just before a turn just as the lights were changing and the traffic started to move.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
don't forget the door zone, you looked too close to me!

J4CKO

Yeah, I think based on that I will hang back in future and not give ignorant Knuckle Draggers the opporunity to mangle me with their four wheel drive.

I would drop him in it with plod as well.

Cubist

Still wavin'
mr_cellophane said:
There shouldn't be a door zone there are all those cars look parked illegally at the start.
Reminds me of a headstone I once saw

"Here lies the body of Erica Bray
She died defending her right of way."

Has no-one else noticed

Now watch the brake lights... the trailer isn't connected and has no working signals or lights.

With the combination of driving and vehicle offences the Police would probably be very interested

Top Bottom