Viewing Garmin routes on Facebook

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Our club regularly sends out advance details of upcoming club rides on its Facebook page by posting copies of Garmin routes. I have a Garmin Connect account, though I do not have any Garmin device.

Until a few weeks ago, I was always able to read the files posted in Facebook. but for the last few weeks all I have been getting is a blank page and the dreaded circle of doom. I am not the only one in our club to experience this, but most people think that as long as you sign into your Garmin Connect account first, you should be able to read the files on the Facebook page. This does not work for me. This is driving me to distraction, as I always like to plan ahead for every ride and know where we are going to be riding.

Anyone else getting the same problem, or got any advice that might help me to read Garmin files?

I find GC sometimes does that (showing a blank page) and refreshing, reopening or using a different web browser usually fixes it.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Maybe you can get them to plan it on Ride with GPS. You do not have to pay to see rides. Just open the site, select find from the top and write in where the ride starts or the name of the ride and it will come up. Much easier than GC and far better in my opinion.

Top Bottom