Views on Merida bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

madm00se

I've been looking at purchaing a Merida round about the price tag of £600. I'm really nervous, as I've had my aluminium Saracen for over 10 yrs now.

I've been riding my husbands Kinesis for a few weeks=and it's lovely!! But reverting back to my Saracen-it's very disheartening!!

Has anyone got one round this price mark and what's you're opinion of it?

Thanks.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
madm00se said:
I've been looking at purchaing a Merida round about the price tag of £600. I'm really nervous, as I've had my aluminium Saracen for over 10 yrs now.

I've been riding my husbands Kinesis for a few weeks=and it's lovely!! But reverting back to my Saracen-it's very disheartening!!

Has anyone got one round this price mark and what's you're opinion of it?

Thanks.

A friend of mine has a Merida Matts Speed that cost something like that. She likes it a lot but remains only an occasional mountain-biker, so it can't be one of those dream bikes that fires your enthusiasm. Mine, on the other hand, is exactly that - and it's a Kinesis frame. A Maxlight XC2. Must you have a complete bike, or is building one up an option? You could have his n hers Kinesis! I didn't keep a very close track on what mine cost, but if you can find a good deal on some forks that are worthy of the frame, I think you could do it for not too much over your budget...

JonoB

Über Member
ivancarlos said:
What I would say is that Merida have been making bikes for other manufacturers for many a year so I don't think you can go terribly wrong with one.
My local bike shop only sells Merida and reliably informs me that my Scott P3 (which I thought was made in the US of A) is actually made in Taiwan by Merida. Yes..it does say Made in Taiwan on the bottom where you can't see it.:angry:

Top Bottom