Views/opinions/insights please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-Express

The bike shop's name begins with a P and I wanted to distinguish it in my post, from my LBS. thanks

It just looks like your keyboard is faulty, that's all...

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
My LBS have been great and I'm sure, will charge me a reasonable amount for assembling bits on new frame.
ShopP have acted equitably too, although I would have liked the replacement frame to have arrived sooner, but that's down to Focus, I suppose.
I have been the locus of some Focus Hocus Pocus.

And now for some related music......

Because until I get a replacement, it still belongs to me, damaged or not.....or so I thought!
No, generally you have to surrender your item before you get the replacement. Sometimes its a swap in the shop, and sometimes it involves sending the faulty item back and them sending a new item.

What belongs to you now is the new - as yet unseen - replacement frame.

I've had an exception with Garmin, but that's because they didn't want the faulty product back.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
I would be happy that the supplier was satisfied to accept a photo of the sawn up frame rather than having the inconvenience of sending back the complete faulty frame.:smile:
I, once I heard that a replacement frame was going to be forthcoming, assumed that Focus would want the faulty frame back, so that they could find out exactly what caused the problem.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Perhaps they had seen it all before? Not that they would want to admit to previous failures:sad:.
My thoughts too.

gbb

Legendary Member
I wouldn't be upset my LBS cut up the frame on the replacement suppliers instruction, if that's part of the terms and I was getting what I wanted, where's the problem ?

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Well, here's the new replacement frame, installed on the original forks from the old frame.
Not a match, but a not disagreeable mis-match, which I'm happy to live with.
My LBS installed a new bb unit as, they said if they installed the original, the same thing would happen again.
I am now out of pocket to the tune of £119.99 for LBS's labour and cost of new bb unit.
Should I (try to) reclaim this money from shopP?
ps the white bit around the seat post is a piece of tape, so I can set saddle height.

IMG_1166.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Had similar when my LBS replaced the frame on a Bianchi. I'd have to pay rebuild costs. Did it myself.
I trusted that was true, no idea what the terms of the manufacturer's warranty cover, it seemed reasonable to me...but there again, why can't the manufacturer pay the LBS ?
Truth is, very few people know I suspect and it may differ manufacturer to manufacturer.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sounds fine to me, as long as you aren't badly out of pocket. If you've lost confidence in the build quality, get it back and sell it straight on then buy from a manufacturer with a bigger R&D spend like Specialized, Trek, Cannondale, BIanchi etc.

classic33

Leg End Member
I had a frame fail, seat tube cracked just above the bottom bracket.

Taken back to where I'd bought it, local bike shop. Frame replaced by the manufacturer, who also paid the cost of stripping one bike down and building a second.

Bike was about eight months old at that stage.

Top Bottom