Vintage bikes, what have you seen?? Show us your pictures!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TrishE

Über Member
Seen now on drama the likely lads are cycling Newcastle to Berwick :smile:
IMAG1107.jpg

Mrs M

Guru
No pics :sad:
But when we went to the transport museum in Glasgow with niece and nephew, 8 & 9.
They though it was hysterical that my favourite bike (Raleigh Chopper :wub:) was suspended on high as a museum piece!
Those were the days ^_^ :bicycle:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
This one is used for advertising. It's often chained to a post on the junction of Exchange Street and Gentleman's Walk, so I suspect it's probably not rideable, else I doubt it would still be around, although it is a well-loved restaurant, so maybe it wouldn't be a good thing to nick:
View attachment 136855

This one is locked in the butcher's in South Lynn because it is actually in working order, although it's seldom used now and the butcher says it's hard going once loaded up! I suspect it might be a fixie...
View attachment 136856
Nah but single speed though (my first job aged 12 was delivering groceries on one of those for the Co-op)

No pics :sad:
But when we went to the transport museum in Glasgow with niece and nephew, 8 & 9.
They though it was hysterical that my favourite bike (Raleigh Chopper :wub:) was suspended on high as a museum piece!
Those were the days ^_^ :bicycle:
@Mrs M what's it like to be old enough to be history? ;)
At the Welsh museum there's a terrace of six houses rebuilt from just down the road; each one is decked out as it would've been in different periods between when they were built (18th C) and when they were demolished (1980ish). When we got to the 80s bedecked house I cried "This isn't history, this is my auntie Gwen's house!" My children just laughed at the old fella :sad:

That's not a rat bike, he's got some taste, almost looks like a Randonneur to me, I'd ride it (all it needs is a Brooks and a triple crank)
I was thinking more how he's using it than what it actually is!
I think I saw a 531 sticker on the forks

Top Bottom