Vintage Colnago Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jwills

Dear all,

My Grandfather cleaned out his garage a few months ago and asked if I wanted an old road bike. Turns out it's a Colnago Super with Shimano 105 pasted all over the original components. Tony at the bike shop valued it at £700. I'd like to know how much they go for and the year it was built if anyone can help?

Also open to offers if you're really keen on the bike. I'm tempted to keep it and be a proud owner, but I have a classic Raleigh racing bike (bright yellow) that needs new gears and is dream to ride. Would rather use some of the cash from the sale to get that one back to full health!

Thanks for the help!

I can't post pictures yet as I'm new to the site (annoying). Please post and chat and then I'll be able to in a few days if you're interested.

OP
OP
jwills

jwills

IMG_3736.JPG
IMG_3734.JPG
IMG_3730.JPG
IMG_3718.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3728.JPG
    IMG_3728.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3722.JPG
    IMG_3722.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3721.JPG
    IMG_3721.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3720.JPG
    IMG_3720.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3719.JPG
    IMG_3719.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 89

classic33

Leg End Member
What about asking gramps how long he's had it? ? All the components seem to date to mid-late 80s

Edit: oh and if it fits you: +1 for keep it
I'd say it's the '83 version with parts replaced.
Follow the 83 link above for full spec as supplied.

classic33

Leg End Member
No it doesn't have any of the clovers on it... Does anyone have an idea on what it's worth?
Don't know how, or where, the bike shop got the £700 figure from. Too much work required and parts requiring replacement.

Might explain why your Raleigh feels smoother to ride as well.

Top Bottom