Vintage Colnago Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jwills

jwills

Yep, bikes of that era had cut out lugs and panto work to set them out from the crowd...

I would expect a Colnago of that era to have cloverleaves somewhere ?

Shaun

That's my confusion. Even I can see that the frame is Colnago, but the lack of clovers doesn't match up... Maybe it is a copy?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looking at the lugs and dropouts, it's not a colnago, sorry. The drop outs, where the wheel goes, will have colnago engraved. The lugs are too plain.

Sorry didn't look close enough.

Any serials on the BB shell (under the bike).

OP
OP
jwills

jwills

Looking at the lugs and dropouts, it's not a colnago, sorry. The drop outs, where the wheel goes, will have colnago engraved. The lugs are too plain.

Sorry didn't look close enough.

Any serials on the BB shell (under the bike).

I'll check for a serial number tomorrow.

So what is it worth? And why on earth would someone make a similar frame and put Colnago on it? Colnagolover on Retrobike said that it looks more like a 70's era bike. Would the clovers have been present in that era?

https://lfgss.microco.sm/api/v1/files/22f8164f16572ce6528616c3b292f45082f42acc.jpg
22f8164f16572ce6528616c3b292f45082f42acc.jpg

Decals in wrong place Similar but not the same

classic33

Leg End Member
looks like any old banger to me, a BSA maybe :smile:
Too much high end, for it's day, components on it for an "old banger". You can see in some of the pictures where the oil/grease has dried out. BSA's can be worth a bit more than people realise.

But why would you fit a frame out from the 50's to make it look like one from the 80's? Value removed in one fell swoop.

Top Bottom