Vintage Reynolds 531 frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm pretty certain I can do it, should know for definate by Tuesday night Wednesday morning at the latest, but it's looking good for now.

Chirk's no problem, I can go home/to Telford up the A5.

I'll pm all concerned nearer the time to arrange it.

OP
OP
al-fresco

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Chirk's no problem, I can go home/to Telford up the A5.

Ahhh if you're going A5/A483 you'd be passing within a mile of my house so that would be great. I managed to get a box but it's huge - probably best not to put the frame in it!

stephec

Legendary Member
My customer has changed his mind, he doesn't want me there until Friday.

I've got to call in Ellesmere first thing though, so I should be at the McDonalds roundabout near Chirk around 08:00 on Friday, is that a good time to collect?

OP
OP
al-fresco

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
My customer has changed his mind, he doesn't want me there until Friday.

I've got to call in Ellesmere first thing though, so I should be at the McDonalds roundabout near Chirk around 08:00 on Friday, is that a good time to collect?

PM sent.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Colin collected the frame at 8.15 this morning. Right - time to start my own new project!

What a little star he is and THANK YOU too !

stephec

Legendary Member
Gaz, do you still work near the velodrome?

I can't find your number, if you pm me we can sort out me dropping it off.

Cheers, Colin

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Thank Pubrunner - he started it!

(Come to think of it - thank Mrs Pubrunner - I bet she made him get rid of it!)

You win your bet ! :cry:

To her . . . . it was "old tat"

To me . . . . 'treasure' to be restored at some time in the future; realistically - never. But I still didn't want to part with it.

Mind you, plans are afoot to acquire a tandem; I wonder what she'll say about that ! Actually, I already know. ;)

I just tell her that she can't wear all her 30+ pairs of shoes at once. She told me that most women actually have more pairs of shoes than that.

Come to think of it, she's probably spent more on shoes than I have on bikes - I'm deffo getting a tandem then !:biggrin:

Hopefully, Gaz will give us a progress report on the frame; it would be great to see the finished article - I bet it'll ride really nicely.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
You win your bet !

To her . . . . it was "old tat"

To me . . . . 'treasure' to be restored at some time in the future; realistically - never. But I still didn't want to part with it.

Mind you, plans are afoot to acquire a tandem; I wonder what she'll say about that ! Actually, I already know.

I just tell her that she can't wear all her 30+ pairs of shoes at once. She told me that most women actually have more pairs of shoes than that.

Come to think of it, she's probably spent more on shoes than I have on bikes - I'm deffo getting a tandem then !

Hopefully, Gaz will give us a progress report on the frame; it would be great to see the finished article - I bet it'll ride really nicely.

I've been struck down with man-flu - typical as I'm off this week too

Intended to strip the frame down this weekend - fail !!!!!

The first question I need to ask myself is do I go SS/fixie ?

pubrunner

Legendary Member
The first question I need to ask myself is do I go SS/fixie ?

It wouldn't be my choice - too many hills around here . . . . . . . why limit yourself ?

Mind you, it'd make it easier to get the frame back on the road - which is the most important thing imo.

Top Bottom