Virgin media bills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Are they emailing you the bills?
Yes. I've complained twice (the £7 one plus another, costing £6 odd).They stop for a bit then re-appear.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[QUOTE 4992768, member: 259"]I have the opposite problem. Every time I want to pay my Virgin Media bill they send it to someone called Patrick O'Milligan who apparently lives in Northumbria.[/QUOTE]
He's my neighbour :laugh::okay:

irw

Quadricyclist
I explained that the account wasn't mine. I pushed the fella who spoke to me a wee bit, and he said it's someone with the same name as me, but "not in mainland UK" (which I took to mean Northern Ireland; I have a very Irish name).

There once was a guy called 'Fnaar'
Who received a bill meant for afar.
Some advice he did seek
From the CycleChat cliqué
To help him avoid going 'argh'!

It's most likely phishing emails. I get them at work all the time for bogus suppliers.

Are the emails addressed to an (incorrect) name or are they Dear Valued Customer etc. That's usually the biggest clue.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's most likely phishing emails. I get them at work all the time for bogus suppliers.

Are the emails addressed to an (incorrect) name or are they Dear Valued Customer etc. That's usually the biggest clue.
No, they are real bills for a guy who has the same name as me, but lives in Northern Ireland

spen666

Legendary Member
I do not have a Virgin Media internet account, and I never will.
For about three years, I have intermittently been receiving bills via email for an account I don't have.
I ignored them at first, but after a while I phoned (impossible to contact them otherwise, in my experience) at a cost to me of over £7 on their (preminum) line.
I explained that the account wasn't mine. I pushed the fella who spoke to me a wee bit, and he said it's someone with the same name as me, but "not in mainland UK" (which I took to mean Northern Ireland; I have a very Irish name).

Perhaps this person simply gave them the wrong email address, but each time I have phoned (I even went up a step once and threatened legal action), they stop for a bit,then they come back. I got one yessterday.

I have no intention of paying, obvs, but I am slightly worried about possible affects on credit rating etc.

Any advice folks?
complaint to Information Commissioner

They are releasing personal information ( of account holder) to someone other than the named person. Especially after they have been warned

Top Bottom