'Virtual Glastonbury'? Anyone missing the real thing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
yeah... all she does is harp on about the climate... change the record FFS :cursing:

</sarcasm>

Not tired of the cause, but some messengers have a shelf-life, and she's no Dame David Attenborough 😊

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
So here we go .... final day!
Shifted some old Denon/Wharfdale kit into the front room yesterday and hooked up to tv for that big sound ... working a treat :okay:

20220626_122622.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I'm a bit fed up with Greta - I think a new figurehead is needed.

...by way of random thought 😊

To be fair; at least if she hangs around she will be another pair of hands to help clear up the mountains of crap (metaphorically and literally) that the enlightened generation of the moment routinely leave behind.

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
To be fair; at least if she hangs around she will be another pair of hands to help clear up the mountains of crap (metaphorically and literally) that the enlightened generation of the moment routinely leave behind.

Another bonus! With two teenage kids in the house I really do get that full Glasto experience ^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I honestly don't understand how music lovers cope with TV speakers... I know some are way better than others but next to an average hi-fi speaker, they sound so thin.

My TV speakers are crap so I bought a soundbar. That was tolerable, but not super. I put up with it for 7 long years...

Last week I bought a reconditioned amp from a pal and lugged my big speakers downstairs to use with it on the TV...

1656248126912.png

(I have tidied up the wiring since then, and the tilt of the speaker!)

The TV now sounds... GREAT! :okay:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm feeling crap and don't have the attention span for anything decent so I'm watching Amyl and the Sniffers on the John Peel stage and it's the most Australian thing ever.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Paul Mc Cartney was on for nearly 2 hours and 45 minutes , which is amazing for his age and teaches the younger generation a lesson but his voice has gone and it was sometimes painful to watch especially when his backing singers were covering over his voice on many occasions.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm feeling crap and don't have the attention span for anything decent so I'm watching Amyl and the Sniffers on the John Peel stage and it's the most Australian thing ever.

Not my cup of tea music wise, but jeez, you can't deny the energy of the band and their music.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Not my cup of tea music wise, but jeez, you can't deny the energy of the band and their music.

The mullets though.

That's what I want from live music, somebody ripping it out and having fun, loads of energy like you say. For proper musicianship and listening quality I prefer studio recordings, I really appreciate the art of the record producer.

I'm in the kitchen now with radio 6 playing Elbow which is boooring.

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
The mullets though.

That's what I want from live music, somebody ripping it out and having fun, loads of energy like you say. For proper musicianship and listening quality I prefer studio recordings, I really appreciate the art of the record producer.

I'm in the kitchen now with radio 6 playing Elbow which is boooring.

Indeed, so just switched to Jack White .... he'll rip it up.

Jenkins

Legendary Member

I 'm making it an Australian double - having watched Amyl & the Sniffers on catch up it finished just in time to change to the live stream for Courtney Barnett.

Saw Amyl at Rock City in Nottingham earlier in the month and will be seeing Courtney there on Friday.

Top Bottom