Vittoria Terrano CX tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Anyone run the above on their gravel/CX bike ? Currently running Gravel Kings which to be honest are fine as tubeless. But might swap to something else when these wear out , Plus the terrano look good in the grey and black :-):laugh:

DRM

Guru
Yes, I've got Terreno Dry tyres on, 700x33, lovely & supple, the dry part of the name is a bit of a fib as they so far seem a good all round tarmac & dirt tyre, they punch above their weight in muddy patches too, they were a little tight to fight, but not too much of a fight, as they are tubeless ready.
And yes, they look smart with the grey side walls.

I have the complete range of Terreno tyres on 3 sets of wheels, ( I race CX) the drys will wear out fairly quickly if used on tarmac ( mine lasted just over a year before all the tread wore out of the middle) and I am not that heavy at 10st 7.
However I love them, I used them tubeless as a winter commute tyre, never punctured them and my commute route is notorious for punctures the small bubble tread seemed to flick the small stone flints that normally cause punctures off. They stuck to wet tarmac like the proverbial shite to a blanket also at 60psi tubeless they were/are dam quick.
I could hammer into a wet corner with far more confidence than my 28mm Michelin power endurances.
Note I only used them for around 4 months in the winter around 24 miles per day then in the second season I replaced them after 2 months and the middles were nearly completely bald but I dont mind paying money for a tyre that will not have me sliding off in the damp.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
However I love them, I used them tubeless as a winter commute tyre, never punctured them and my commute route is notorious for punctures the small bubble tread seemed to flick the small stone flints that normally cause punctures off. They stuck to wet tarmac like the proverbial shite to a blanket also at 60psi tubeless they were/are dam quick.

To be fair the SK Gravel Skins are bit like that, the road going ones did not last long, but the file tread seems to help flicking the crap out of the way. Wear out quick as well obviously as its mostly road for me.

Top Bottom