Vittoria Voyager - Are these 2 tyres the same? Any Good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itaa

Needed low rolling resistance new tyres for my other summer cruiser bike,
originally dismissed the Voyager Hypers as they were quite expensive and the ones from schwalbe offered more bang for the $.

However now came upon these reduced? Vittoria Voyager wired oners

The Folding Hypers get insanely good rolling resistance:
https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/tour-reviews/vittoria-voyager-hyper-2016

However Are the Folding ones and the wired ones are the same and would give the same performance/rolling resistance or they are actually 2 very different tyres?

Here are the 2:
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYVIVOHY/vittoria-voyager-hyper-folding-tyre
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYVIVOWT/vittoria-voyager-wired-tyre

The thread looks a little bit different on them?
What's the deal with them? Anyone knows?

the snail

Guru
Should be very similar, the folding ones will be a bit lighter, and probably a bit easier to fit. Very nice tyres, not amazingly puncture resistant, basically a fat racy tyre. Very good deal imo.

I've tried the wired ones before on my hybrid, but being a cheapskate not the folding type, so cannot do a comparison.. I was very happy with the wired version (I had the 35mm ones and paid £7.99 at the time) they had a nice balance between being able to absorb bumps and run on gravel and dryish grass and OK rolling resistance.. I say OK rolling resistance as they took more effort to run up to speed than the previous tyres I used (cannot remember type but they were 28mm ones so expected it) but not excessively more.. They lasted pretty well and I found them to be good value at the price. I would use them again at £9.99, but using some other schwalbe tyres right now (they were the planet x deal at the time) that are 32mm ones - the wired voyager hypers rolled better than these ones I think.

Coincidence. Just fitted the 32 folding ones to the hewitt and back from a spin. It won't be touring for a while so i took the 38 touring tyres off it as they made the bike feel sluggish. First impressions very good indeed though retain certain doubts about how well they will stand up to northern rain and countryside road debris. Got them cheap from planet x, can't remember how much.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I've put about 1000 miles on a pair of the folding versions in 32mm size on my Spa Elan with absolutely no problems. They seem to roll better than the Schwalbe Duranos (?) that were fitted as standard and have coped with dry and wet conditions on road, hard packed bridleways and light mud. Just wish I'd brought a 2nd pair in the same size at the same time, but I had to make do with a pair of the 35's (622 x 37 on the box) instead as a back-up when they were on sale recently.

I've put about 1000 miles on a pair of the folding versions in 32mm size on my Spa Elan with absolutely no problems. They seem to roll better than the Schwalbe Duranos (?) that were fitted as standard and have coped with dry and wet conditions on road, hard packed bridleways and light mud. Just wish I'd brought a 2nd pair in the same size at the same time, but I had to make do with a pair of the 35's (622 x 37 on the box) instead as a back-up when they were on sale recently.
Surprised by the good reports on bridleways and wet mud as they seem somewhat smooth. Also they look more delicate than my normal type of tyre. But encouraging. Thanks for the report.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
20170525_121611.jpg
20170510_091550.jpg
20150623_140028.jpg
All done on Voyager Hypers. The last one was a wee bit slippery but even then I'd have needed to do something pretty stupid to come off.
They can be a bit loose on rainy roads however. Take those corners with care and don't brake hard.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Folding Voyagers not great for punctures and when pumped up hard which I need to do to avoid said punctures, they are buttock clenching in the wet !:laugh: Thats a full winter on mine. Emergency spares now.

Top Bottom