Viz expert needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've always thought that Viz was very well written and some of the strips (Fat Slags, 8 Ace, Rat Boy etc) are very sharp pieces of social satire.

Abitrary

It was indeed Stan, Stan, son of man.

My favorite was victorian dad, when the kid brings a mate home and sees a penny farthing outside and says 'right, I'm off. Your dad scares me.'

Melvil

I have the honour of contributing to Roger's Profanisaurus - I sent some "local terms" that went in there...

My favourite ever viz strip was published in 2000/2001 I think - "Robot Pimp" - pure pure genius. It was about a time-travelling Robot Pimp in a flying pink cadillac who gave a lift to a schoolboy to help him with his history homework!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Flying_Monkey said:
GO TWAT ON A BRICK!
:smile: Leopard's fanny batter!

longers

Legendary Member
Liking this thread a lot :smile:

Anybody bought it recently? I reckon the last time I bought it was not long after Fnaar.

Melvil

longers said:
Liking this thread a lot :smile:

Anybody bought it recently? I reckon the last time I bought it was not long after Fnaar.

Not for a couple of years but I had observed by then that the price kept going up and the quality kept going down :biggrin: shame

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Melvil said:
Not for a couple of years but I had observed by then that the price kept going up and the quality kept going down :smile: shame

I noticed the same a looong time ago...but I still have an original Profanisaurus and it accompanies me around the globe, can cause quite a titter!
Viz at its best is a masterpiece of social observation and sharp writing.

Black Bag, the faithful border bin liner, just summed-up the boys yarns of the "sensible" comics of my youth. Brilliant.

Top Bottom