Viz expert needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Drunk Bakers! Incredibly dry but very, very funny.

515mm

My old Mum bought me the Halloween edition for Christmas (her surreal sense of humour, bless her!), the finest comic strip I've seen for years entitiled Supergod the Deity Superhero. The recurring theme was of people in distress that God would not help, but "understood their suffering" even though He is all powerful.

Cutting satire, I thought, especially in the current climate of Christians standing up for their beliefs in the face of Islam and terrorism in the name of Allah. Thanks Mum.

simonali

Guru
Anyone remember the homage comic Smut (copy, basically)? Was a more southern orientated version of Viz, which I preferred, coz the writing in Viz always seemed to be done in those strange northern accents!

Only character I remember was Everard Edbutt, who was basically just a cockney Biffa Bacon.

Tony

I still buy Viz, and the latest edition of the Profanisaurus lives, obviously, in a small room.
I am quite fond of Raffles the Gentleman Thug for some reason...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
bonj said:
What, that you know Al Gore or that you know somebody who used to work on viz?

Take your pick... but think about it - I've got no reason to want to try to impress you or anyone else here. I just thought that, in both cases, it was interesting and relevant.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
perhaps we should petition Viz to have a comic taking on the Al Gore issue, am sure they could trivialize it appropriately, perhaps invite them onto this forum for a while to give them inspiration.......

Can't believe though that this thread is now in danger of becoming the usual ranting match......

Anyways, I subscribe to the mag, even though it can be a bit hit and miss, I feel i cannot afford to miss out on any potential gems.
It's worth it just in case there is a spoof ad for a commemorative plate!

In recent times, I thought the Lady Di-pod was excellent!

Jaded

Furniture at Warehouse Prices!

Sofa: £45,000 pa 25 year lease
Chair: £300,000

Or something like that.
Inspired.

(No unknown species were discovered in the making of this post)

Abitrary

Does anyone remember the ad for the 'arse clag remover', which was like a bike where you sat on a bristley rear wheel?

Top Bottom