Viz magazine and Bono and Sting's fantasic journeys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Meanwhile Sid the Sexist seems to hang out in the cafe once in a while, and there are Top Tips galore in Know How.

Slightly linking to the Specialized Copyright thread...

Did you know that Viz actually sued Mcdonalds the burger giant over "Top Tips"

Viz published in May 1989 :

"Save a fortune on laundry bills. Give your dirty shirts to Oxfam. They will wash and iron them, and then you can buy them back for 50p." – Viz Top Tip, published May 1989

Then in 1996 McDonalds came up with a "Top Tips campaign suggesting how to save money and spend it at MacDonalds. One tip was:

"Save a fortune on laundry bills. Give your dirty shirts to a second-hand shop. They will wash and iron them, and then you can buy them back for 50p."

Viz sued on the grounds that McDonalds had stolen the Top Tips idea and also plagiarised their work. McDonald s donated an undisclosed sum to Comic Relief in settlement

Anne Widdecombe gets my vote - I know she's not on CC but I'd love to blast her off into space !

That'll need a big rocket
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7sHl3W_60tI81PX4MlsEQyA83tFJEd7YjW_PFu_-N8Xw7RuwY.jpg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Slightly linking to the Specialized Copyright thread...

Did you know that Viz actually sued Mcdonalds the burger giant over "Top Tips"

Viz published in May 1989 :

Then in 1996 McDonalds came up with a "Top Tips campaign suggesting how to save money and spend it at MacDonalds. One tip was:

Viz sued on the grounds that McDonalds had stolen the Top Tips idea and also plagiarised their work. McDonald s donated an undisclosed sum to Comic Relief in settlement

This is the same Viz who I sent a comic strip story to- "Dick Twitcher, Birdwatcher". They said no thank you and then published it a year later. I never did anything about that.
Geordie criminals......!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Anyone remember this one-off, Lord Shite and Nanny No-Dumps?

You could eat your dinner off that ringpiece! ^_^

1405015731072.jpg

Top Bottom