Voodoo Bizango 2016, correct BB size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyrill666

Hi Folks,

I have 3 identical Voodoo Bizango bikes from 2016 for my sons and myself. The BB on the one I ride is starting to get a bit noisy and I was looking to replace it. I have all of the necessary tools and have taken the BBs out from all 3 bikes - and they're all worn externally and very little can be seen in terms of markings / codes etc. The only thing I can see for sure is "118" which I guess gives me one of the dimensions, looks like the frame is 73mm wide for the other. They're Octalink.

Can anyone confirm if these are likely to fit (73-118) : https://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-es300-octalink-bottom-bracket/

Cheers.

Attachments

• 20190520_235442_resized.jpg
    20190520_235442_resized.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 20190521_001109_resized.jpg
    20190521_001109_resized.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 126

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
According to the site the Silver ones are available in 73-118 so it should fit as long as the thread size is the same.
Yours look to be BC 1.37x24 I think that's BSA threads.
HTH

robgul

Legendary Member
Yep the Silver 118mm is what you want - if you have several of these machines I would "stock up" on spares for future use as they are very, very cheap and Octalink was surpassed some while ago so they will potentially become harder to find.

Rob

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Octalink BBs are cr@p as you've just found out. Do yourself a favour and replace them with something better. Even a humble square taper would be preferable.

Last edited:

PpPete

Legendary Member
Assuming budget bikes I wouldnt bother changing to square taper (which means replacing the cranks as well as the BB) unless you are looking to do some really serious mileages. Octalink may not be the most successful design, but the Shimano ones linked are quite adequate for a few thousand miles. IMO.

Reactions: C R

robgul

Legendary Member
Assuming budget bikes I wouldnt bother changing to square taper (which means replacing the cranks as well as the BB) unless you are looking to do some really serious mileages. Octalink may not be the most successful design, but the Shimano ones linked are quite adequate for a few thousand miles. IMO.

Agreed if they are Voodoo bikes I wouldn't spend on upgrades - just buy the octalinks and be prepared to change them more frequently.

Rob

OP
OP
Cyrill666

Cyrill666

I can't believe it's taken me 6 months to get around to this! However this evening I replaced the BB on one of the bikes and it was a perfect match - so thanks for all your help guys. As they were so cheap I bought 3, so we should be good for a while!

Top Bottom