Voodoo Limba - sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Will have one more go this afternoon before trekking to LBS.

These are the pedals - https://www.halfords.com/cycling/pedals-pegs/boardman-mtb-team-pedal-357756.html
That's a shame not local to me in Northamptonshire to help you.

Any good shop should be able to get them off , quite a few in Leeds including Woodrup cycles .

As others have said try an Allen key with something else the will give you extra leverage .
I have been looking at a Limba less than a year old and only done 200 miles max

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fortunatemango

You could try a pair of stilsons or mole grips on the shaft if you’re not bothered about saving them, don’t forget to turn them the right way, remember back off, turn towards the rear of the bike on both sides to unscrew the pedal from the crank, when you replace them use a little copper slip if you have some, or grease to prevent your new pedals seizing in place

ive not given it a go yet today but will try this also and see if I have any luck. Will definitely be greasing the new pair that go on to prevent seizure in future.

OP
OP
F

fortunatemango

That's a shame not local to me in Northamptonshire to help you.

Any good shop should be able to get them off , quite a few in Leeds including Woodrup cycles .

As others have said try an Allen key with something else the will give you extra leverage .
I have been looking at a Limba less than a year old and only done 200 miles max

It is a shame indeed.

I’ve heard about Woodrup time and time again but unfortunately they’re a bit out of the way for me. So in the worst case scenario I will make the short trip to Drake’s - they are less known but have been around for donkeys years as a family ran business and their reviews online are mainly positive.

Going to give it a good go after work and see how it goes. Will keep you posted 👍

What are your thoughts? Will you be adding another Limba to your collection?

vickster

Legendary Member
It is a shame indeed.

I’ve heard about Woodrup time and time again but unfortunately they’re a bit out of the way for me. So in the worst case scenario I will make the short trip to Drake’s - they are less known but have been around for donkeys years as a family ran business and their reviews online are mainly positive.

Going to give it a good go after work and see how it goes. Will keep you posted 👍

They sound perfectly capable of removing a recalcitrant pedal :okay:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It is a shame indeed.

Ok well let's hope all went ok

As for the Limba joining the stable i have made an offer but seller is holding out for more £'s

OP
OP
F

fortunatemango

Ok well let's hope all went ok

As for the Limba joining the stable i have made an offer but seller is holding out for more £'s

didn’t end up visiting Drake’s as they closed at 5 (same time as my work finished). Gave the pedal another good go but to no avail. Will visit earlier tmrw and hopefully better outcome.

did however take the Limba out on a short run and despite it only being Claris, feels like a great improvement on the Tourney which was on my Marin! The integrated shifters feel like a massive upgrade also.

OP
OP
F

fortunatemango

Unfortunately Drake’s has re-closed for some reason so couldn’t go there.

Ended up driving to Woodrup, who despite being evidently very busy, after a quick call, managed to fit me in and had it sorted in no time! Have definitely found a new customer in myself.

Reactions: DRM

Andrew1971

Veteran
I also have a limba too. I put kojak slicks and full mud guards on.
I have done a couple off 100 mile rides on mine.
saddle is going to be changed for a brooks saddle. Original one not that comfy for me.
Andrew

Top Bottom