Vuelta - **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Bear

Über Member
I know that it is a condition of using this board that you have to dismiss everyone almost out of hand that doesn't have an encyclopaedic knowledge of cycling, but if you bothered to read three sentences further into the article, you'd see it says that David Millar was on the podium at the Giro in 1987, and the Vuelta in '85 and '86. Stunning that, at the end of a Vuelta which has two Brits on the podium, there are more posts bemoaning a BBC article than celebrating the result!

Buddfox. A certain small bear noticed the gaffe this morning and emailed the relevant bozos at the BBC. The info inserted about Robert Millar is exactly the info I sent to the beeb - I think you'll find this was inserted about midday. They probably couldn't change the headline title of the article because it was linked like that to other BBC sport pages. The article now contradicts itself - laughable really - but at least it gives credit to one of the UK's greatest ever cyclists, Robert Millar.

I have been following cycling for more than 40 years, and the BBC has a frankly disgraceful history in it's relationship to Pro cycling. The point of all of this is that Brad and Chris have achieved something truly remarkable, but as ever the BBC reduced it to a tiny headline on the main sport page, and then the article itself was fundamentally factually incorrect.

Top Bottom