Vuelta - **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
He's done quite a bit of racing since the TdF and I was surprised that he actually started the Vuelta. Let's hope he's fit and well for the Worlds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bodie

We are usually on holiday for the Vuelta so I have seen a fair bit of it on Spanish TV....and to be honest it makes about as much sense as the ITV4 coverage!

Dissapointed by the quality but we all need to keep watching so that viewing figures justify them putting more effort into it next year. I don't have Eurosport so I'd usually be watching some dodgy internet feed so this is an improvement, albeit marginal.

Dissapointing day for Anton yesterday, I can only hope that his form improves as the race progresses - and the roads get steeper.

I can't see past Nibali again for the win, how Sky must regret not signing him when they had the chance!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Wiggins is not doing so well at the moment and any hopes of a podium seem fairly remote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Losing 42 seconds in the ITT may have buggered his chances but the end of the stage was very steep yesterday and doesn't suit him. I'm hoping he'll be able to do better on the regular mountains and take some time in the ITT.

He'll suffer on the Angliru though for sure.

gallego1968

I am in Torrievieja in Spain and this week saw the bikes go by, this is the first time i have ever saw a race like this live and boy where they going fast around the roundabout i was standing at. I will put some pictures up once i get back.

Rodriguez won - commentary was awful and the back up team are not much better.

woohoo

Veteran
Rodriguez now has the red. Scarponni was second on the stage and gained time on Nibali today but it was reported tha he suffered a fair amount of bruising after Farrar's splat on the tarmac yesterday.

The sound quality that ITV4 received was poor but Matt Keenan is a very good commentator and the studio people did an acceptable job as a backup when the live sound disappeared.

beastie

Guru
He should make up about a minute on Nibbles and 2 on Rodgriguez. I think top ten would be good from where he is now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raindog

er.....
Froome and Wiggins absolutely superb together, and Dan Martin takes the win - what a stage.
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom