Wahoo Element not uploading routes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My previously excellent Element is failing to upload routes created in RWGPS.
I've always created routes, fired up the Element App on my phone, gone to: View Routes, Select Route and it appears on the Wahoo screen ready to ride.
Recently, though, it's saying that the Route isn't found on the app even though it's there and selectable.

I've not tried using any other services to create a route to upload to the Wahoo.

Most frustrating. Any suggestions, please?

figbat

Slippery scientist
Is it worth disconnecting and then reconnecting your Wahoo and RWGPS accounts? I must admit I have always found the RWGPS -> Wahoo ELEMNT excellent; my last route import was a couple of weeks ago and it was seamless.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Is it worth disconnecting and then reconnecting your Wahoo and RWGPS accounts? I must admit I have always found the RWGPS -> Wahoo ELEMNT excellent; my last route import was a couple of weeks ago and it was seamless.

I logged out & back in on both to no avail but will give your suggestion a go, ta.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

I've disconnected RWGPS from the Element via the app and reconnected it. No joy, still getting this..

Screenshot_20231206-180435~2.png

I'll try disconnecting Wahoo from RWGPS on their website when I fire up the laptop tomorrow.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Get a Garmin? 🧐

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

I just plan a route on rwgps and then sync the headunit and don't use the app at all

I plan the route then select it on the Element app but it's not worked over the last few times.

What do you mean by sync the head unit without using the app (to set the route you want)?

13 rider

Guru
With WiFi available I go to the map page press route then sync , route should appear on the list below just up and down keys to highlight the correct route ,press select ,route loads
I only keep very few routes live and if a route isn't to be used again I delete it in Rwgps and then re sync the headunit and it disappears.
Just a thought do you have too many routes on the headunit

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

With WiFi available I go to the map page press route then sync , route should appear on the list below just up and down keys to highlight the correct route ,press select ,route loads
I only keep very few routes live and if a route isn't to be used again I delete it in Rwgps and then re sync the headunit and it disappears.
Just a thought do you have too many routes on the headunit

Cheers, I might do a reset on the headunit and see what that does. It's worked flawlessly until recently.

Top Bottom