Wahoo question

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Domus, 21 Jun 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Domus

Domus Über Member

Yes. Set at 61 and 180.
    No matter what the HR I still have 5 steady red lights.

2. tom73

tom73 Über Member

Try setting up the blue tooth again.
    Have you had a look at the online help ? Contact wahoo see what they say it maybe a fault
    Is the software up to date ?

3. OP
    OP
    Domus

Domus Über Member

Wahoo are on the case, they asked for screenshots of app and invoice etc. I have re set the Bluetooth and will try again when I go out later.

Heltor Chasca and tom73 like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Domus

Domus Über Member

Did a re set of Bluetooth and went for a ride, all seems OK now, all the colours as per HR.

Now all I need to do is sort the turn by turn out, the breadcrumb route works well but no sound or flashing LEDs. I used a quick route I made on Strava if that makes a difference.

Heltor Chasca and tom73 like this.
  5. Pedropete

Pedropete Über Member

I’ve always had best results from Komoot. Could never get turn-by-turn to work from Strava without issue.
    Also, regarding wacky sensor readings, I’ve found that telling the device to forget the sensor and re-pairing usually resolves things. Failing that, checking sensor firmware is up to date from the Wahoo Utility app and finally swapping the battery will generally sort it.

One quirk I got reminded of last night was that if you normally use a speed sensor but then go for for a ride without it, it can take quite a while for the head unit to start using GPS again for speed/distance. Never worked out how to solve that one.

6. tom73

tom73 Über Member

Ride with GPS works a treat too never had a problem.
    +1 for Wahoo Utility app handy one to have sorts most things

Pedropete and stoatsngroats like this.
  7. 13 rider

13 rider Guru

I used ridewithgps and get full turn by turn warning you don't get that with routes plotted on Strava

8. stoatsngroats

stoatsngroats Guru

Another +1 for Wahoo, and the app, recently updated to allow a quick Take me to.. ability, which I think is amazing!

I really like the no colour screen, and the battery life. In France last year we had no issues following our preplanned RWGPS routes.
    Fantastic and well worth my £s!

9. PaulSB

PaulSB Legendary Member

I have the Wahoo Elemnt about 12 months old and software is up to date. I can't see this feature please could you point me to it.

Thanks

10. PaulSB

PaulSB Legendary Member

I would have expected you to see chevrons showing the route you're following. I do though have an Elemnt.

Sounds and lights have to be turned on in Settings.

I don't think Strava will give turn by turn instructions. I use RWGPS which has proved faultless with the Elemnt unlike with my Garmin 810. I get directional lights, left and right arrows, road name and countdown distance to next turn often from miles away.

11. stoatsngroats

stoatsngroats Guru

It’s on the phone app, I believe under Routes, I’ll check later and give you the location in the app if I can!

12. PaulSB

PaulSB Legendary Member

13. HobbesOnTour

HobbesOnTour Über Member

If I may...
    In the app tap "view Rourtes"
    In the bottom right of the screen there is a blue button with a "+" sign - hit that
    Hit "Take me to".

I find it a bit fiddly, but it will get you out of a jam

stoatsngroats likes this.
  14. PaulSB

PaulSB Legendary Member

Thank you. I never play enough with these things. I'll try it out on Sunday when I'm on the club ride - we are doing a route I know like the back of my hand. I'll do "Take me to" "home" at the cafe and see what happens.

15. OP
    OP
    Domus

Domus Über Member

Komoot needs a one off investment of £30, and RWGPS needs a subscription either monthly or annually. Which is the best value? Leaning towards the one off Komoot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice