Wahoo question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Try setting up the blue tooth again.
Have you had a look at the online help ? Contact wahoo see what they say it maybe a fault
Is the software up to date ?

OP
OP
Domus

Domus

Guru
Did a re set of Bluetooth and went for a ride, all seems OK now, all the colours as per HR.

Now all I need to do is sort the turn by turn out, the breadcrumb route works well but no sound or flashing LEDs. I used a quick route I made on Strava if that makes a difference.

Did a re set of Bluetooth and went for a ride, all seems OK now, all the colours as per HR.

Now all I need to do is sort the turn by turn out, the breadcrumb route works well but no sound or flashing LEDs. I used a quick route I made on Strava if that makes a difference.

I’ve always had best results from Komoot. Could never get turn-by-turn to work from Strava without issue.
Also, regarding wacky sensor readings, I’ve found that telling the device to forget the sensor and re-pairing usually resolves things. Failing that, checking sensor firmware is up to date from the Wahoo Utility app and finally swapping the battery will generally sort it.

One quirk I got reminded of last night was that if you normally use a speed sensor but then go for for a ride without it, it can take quite a while for the head unit to start using GPS again for speed/distance. Never worked out how to solve that one.

13 rider

Guru

I used ridewithgps and get full turn by turn warning you don't get that with routes plotted on Strava

Another +1 for Wahoo, and the app, recently updated to allow a quick Take me to.. ability, which I think is amazing!

I really like the no colour screen, and the battery life. In France last year we had no issues following our preplanned RWGPS routes.
Fantastic and well worth my £s!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Another +1 for Wahoo, and the app, recently updated to allow a quick Take me to.. ability, which I think is amazing!

I have the Wahoo Elemnt about 12 months old and software is up to date. I can't see this feature please could you point me to it.

Thanks

PaulSB

Legendary Member

I would have expected you to see chevrons showing the route you're following. I do though have an Elemnt.

Sounds and lights have to be turned on in Settings.

I don't think Strava will give turn by turn instructions. I use RWGPS which has proved faultless with the Elemnt unlike with my Garmin 810. I get directional lights, left and right arrows, road name and countdown distance to next turn often from miles away.

It’s on the phone app, I believe under Routes, I’ll check later and give you the location in the app if I can!

@stoatsngroats thank you that would be very helpful.

If I may...
In the app tap "view Rourtes"
In the bottom right of the screen there is a blue button with a "+" sign - hit that
Hit "Take me to".

I find it a bit fiddly, but it will get you out of a jam

PaulSB

Legendary Member
If I may...
In the app tap "view Rourtes"
In the bottom right of the screen there is a blue button with a "+" sign - hit that
Hit "Take me to".

I find it a bit fiddly, but it will get you out of a jam

Thank you. I never play enough with these things. I'll try it out on Sunday when I'm on the club ride - we are doing a route I know like the back of my hand. I'll do "Take me to" "home" at the cafe and see what happens.

OP
OP
Domus

Domus

Guru
Komoot needs a one off investment of £30, and RWGPS needs a subscription either monthly or annually. Which is the best value? Leaning towards the one off Komoot.

Top Bottom