Wahoo & Walking

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
I'm planning on walking the Brecon Horseshoe soon.... Pen Y Fan etc.

I'd like to record my achievement, has anyone used a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt for walking or is it purely an ( excellent ) bike gps unit.

Do I need to change any settings if I do use it ... eg autopause ?

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
It’s in my pocket on the schoolrun. The last bit I walk from the playground to the pick up area. No issues. It’s accurate enough to show (when you zoom in) which side of the road you are, so I imagine it should be ok.

Which body appendage are you going to bolt it to?

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Yep, works a treat. Also handy for preplanning your walk and following the route when walking!

Tenkaykev

Veteran
Whilst not a Wahoo unit, my wife and I used the newer version of the Garmin Edge touring while up in the Peak District last year.
It was really useful, especially for seeing which branch of a track to follow when the path was a bit ambiguous.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have used my Garmin Edge 200, kept in a jacket pocket to record walks, no issues.
You may have to change the settings from cycling to walking when (if) you upload the activity, on Strava or similar.

OP
Spartak

Spartak