Wahoo & Walking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
I'm planning on walking the Brecon Horseshoe soon.... Pen Y Fan etc.

I'd like to record my achievement, has anyone used a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt for walking or is it purely an ( excellent ) bike gps unit.

Do I need to change any settings if I do use it ... eg autopause ?

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
It’s in my pocket on the schoolrun. The last bit I walk from the playground to the pick up area. No issues. It’s accurate enough to show (when you zoom in) which side of the road you are, so I imagine it should be ok.

Which body appendage are you going to bolt it to?

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Yep, works a treat. Also handy for preplanning your walk and following the route when walking!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Yes. It works well for walking. Even in the rain
IMG_20190304_125816.jpg

Tenkaykev

Guru
Whilst not a Wahoo unit, my wife and I used the newer version of the Garmin Edge touring while up in the Peak District last year.
It was really useful, especially for seeing which branch of a track to follow when the path was a bit ambiguous.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have used my Garmin Edge 200, kept in a jacket pocket to record walks, no issues.
You may have to change the settings from cycling to walking when (if) you upload the activity, on Strava or similar.

D

Deleted member 26715

I found my Garmin would occasionally lose GPS if kept in my trousers pocket, but fine in a jacket pocket,

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak