Waitrose shopping trailers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Been temped but my wife has such a huge shopping list, home delivery makes more sense for us.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
whats a waitrose shopping trailer?

1325067981746.jpg

IIRC these were in fact BikeHods Waitrose used to flog you the bike hitch for a deposit which enabled you to used the trailer,taking your shopping home and then bring it back with the recycling.

The early bracket was simplicity itself, a U bracket with a stub that attached to the seatpost, the trailer had a piece of rubber hose attached with a jubilee clip. This hose then slides on to the stub and is held in place with a pin. Later versions used Weber type coupling

In many ways the forerunner of the Burley Travois design.

I remember seeing the inventor arriving at one bike conference with half a dozen linked to each other like a train

We have had one for many years with the Carradice bag

It is a good trailer with the advantage of being able to push around as a shopping trolley, then fitting easily on to the bike in seconds

On the road they need careful packing as the pivot / bracket is high they have to be packed with heavy stuff at the bottom or they lose stability. Even then if it overturns, it is not unrecoverable and will not have you off of the bike.

Try one and decide for yourself!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
First Ive ever seen of them. Do you hire them, how much? anybody know?
I dont shop at waitrose, dont think there is one in warrington but i certainly like the concept , i think it looks like it could be a bit unstable though?

They are free to use, though you have to register with the store.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 2328891, member: 45"]I plan to register and try one in the next few weeks.

I might even borrow it for a Lidl shop.[/quote]

There's a devil in you Paul ;)

billy1561

BB wrecker
First Ive ever seen of them. Do you hire them, how much? anybody know?
I dont shop at waitrose, dont think there is one in warrington but i certainly like the concept , i think it looks like it could be a bit unstable though?
No waitrose in Warrington. Shame really because if you spent £100 they knock off a fiver at the forecourt on helicopter fuel ;)

Top Bottom