Waitrose shopping trailers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First Ive ever seen of them. Do you hire them, how much? anybody know?
I dont shop at waitrose, dont think there is one in warrington but i certainly like the concept , i think it looks like it could be a bit unstable though?

I refer the honourable Gentleman to my previous reply....

You register at Customer Services, (I believe there is a deposit) then receive the seatpost hitch, and are set up ready to go. You then arrive,and ask for trailer (book in advance during busy periods) and they bring it round to you.

Load shopping, and off you go

Then return within 3 days

sheddy

Legendary Member
Our Waitrose branch manager decided to keep quiet about the trailers.
A year later they told me that they had closed the service 'as there was no demand'

mattsr

I have used them in the past and they were excellent. The trailer took more than my usual amount of shopping, and I never had any problems with stability. Once underway I hardly noticed that it was on the bike.

I have since started using Ocado for large shops and brought pair of Ortlieb Bike Shopper panniers, so don't really need to use the trailer anymore. But I would recommend it without hesitation.:thumbsup:

retrosteve

just borrowed one from my local waitrose. they dont promote them and most staff dont know they have them but a friendly manager helped with mine.
they no longer ask for a deposit,just your name and phone number and the bracket isnt provided anymore so you have to wrestle with fastening the clip round your seatpost and back onto the pin that goes through a bit of hosepipe. real fiddly but once on it stays on....3 days is still about right for borrowing one though theyre not fussy if you go over that these days. ive been told i can keep mine for 2 weeks^_^
seems that nobody borrows them which is a shame as its a handy little trailer and easy to tow:cycle:

hatler

Guru
We have a Bike-Hod and it is a really neat piece of kit. We've used it for lots of local trips but funnily enough yesterday took it out for a slightly longer jaunt to Wimbledon to pick something up. It's noticeable how much more room drivers give you.

We used to use it for a weekly shop for a family of four (two smallies at that point) but couldn't ever quite fit the bog rolls in.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I'd have thought most Waitrose customers wouldn't be seen dead on a bike, let alone with a trailer attached.

My nearest Waitrose is in Alderley Edge where all the locals ride Bianchi and Pinarello so wouldn't to want to attach a trailer to them, although when I say ride they only seem to outside the local cafe as I never actually see them in the lanes. The local rumour is that they drive their Range Rover to Wilmslow, park up and cycle the 2 miles to Alderley to show off their bike.

Whilst on the subject of Waitrose if you get a members card you can have a free daily coffee which is useful if out cycling near a store.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
1325067981746.jpg
Is that Beckenham?

Top Bottom