Wall protector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boopop

Guru
I'm getting my flat renovated somewhat, inc. getting the walls stripped and painted. My bike leaning on the wall in the hallway previously damaged the wallpaper. So, what are my options to attach something to the freshly painted wall to protect the paint? Ideally something I can apply and remove easily. Thanks :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A bike stand of some sort.

Sharky

Guru
Try using "Command Damage-Free Hanging" things. They are like post-it notes, so doesn't damage the wall and join together like velcro.
I use them to hang pictures without having to knock nails into the wall. Use them to attach a piece of wood/cardboard, or something at the points where the bike touches the wall.

Sharky

Guru
They're a similar idea to the bike supports on our new Bombardier trains, don't they tend to chew the paint off the cranks?

Without trying, wouldn't know. But the sleeve looks like plastic and most cranks aren't painted. They are anodised alu.

Only three reviews in this product on wiggle and none mention that. You could "Ask a question".

The ones I have are a different make / design, but in concept the same. Don't recall any marks being left on the cranks.

PS I'll add a photo of the version I have this afternoon.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
I'll add a photo of the version I have this afternoon.
I normally just lean the bike against a tree, but last night took the bike stand -

IMG_20220705_200400.jpg

IMG_20220705_184953.jpg

Top Bottom