Wallpaper...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

We've been in our des res for about 5 years now and I haven't redecorated yet, Its on the to do list for next year, though I'm not looking forward to doing it, there always seem to be surprises waiting for you on the first redecoration, and yes I'll paper it.

postman

Legendary Member
You can't beat a bit of woodchip.
Spawn of the Devil

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'm suitably humiliated:smooch:

I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, what's with the downer on wallpaper? Decorative paper is a sensible and economical wall-covering choice.

Yours sincerely

_42856783_irvinepa203.jpg

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Yes its the same with carpet, the place just feels cold without it

[smug mode] We haven't got any carpets but we have got underfloor heating [/smug mode]

Globalti

Legendary Member
Wallpaper isn't a problem because it can be removed; the real crime against good taste is ARTEX! When we bought our present house we spent the first week with a plasterer skimming then white painting every ceiling to get rid of the ghastly swirly patterns, not really Artex because the bloke who built the house had actually got the ceilings finished that way! Once we'd dealt with the hideous swirly ceilings we felt we could live in the house so we moved in and camped on the floor until our furniture arrived.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Talking of loadbearing wallpaper, my first house was a Victorian terrace chock full of woodchip, the folks that bought it from me stripped the paper off and then had to re-plaster all the walls as they just crumbled without the wallpaper holding it all together.

screenman

Legendary Member
I built this house we are in 5 years ago, I have redecorated some rooms 4 times since, do you think this is excessive. Only one room has a feature papered all and that is my office which I am in now and looking at said wall, it has got to come off as I have just decided Ido not like it any more.

Top Bottom