Wallpaper...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
We have load-bearing woodchip in this house. We took the woodchip off one wall and the plaster came with it.

NT is renovating a room at the moment, and pulled off some loose plaster and found it was holding the brick together!

I like a feature wall - my sister has quite big bold paper in the alcoves either side of a chimney breast, and although it's only a smallish room, it works well. But I'm happy with plain paint. My old bedroom at home, I did plain white walls with a Rennie Mackintosh style rose frieze stencilled round, and that still looks good, 20 years later.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
NT is renovating a room at the moment, and pulled off some loose plaster and found it was holding the brick together!

I like a feature wall - my sister has quite big bold paper in the alcoves either side of a chimney breast, and although it's only a smallish room, it works well. But I'm happy with plain paint. My old bedroom at home, I did plain white walls with a Rennie Mackintosh style rose frieze stencilled round, and that still looks good, 20 years later.

We spent eight months trying to fix the wall ourselves then found out a plasterer would have done it for thirty quid. It did give me a chance to put a time capsule in the wall though :smile:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[smug mode] We haven't got any carpets but we have got underfloor heating [/smug mode]

It'll still feel all cold and clinical though :tongue:

Agreed. We've got laminate floors right through downstairs, (inherited with house purchase), and TBH if I had the money for carpet I'd rip it out right now!

THTHTHTHTHAT SAID, if you have carpet, then it can be a pain in the bum to clean out all of the spillages/puke/skidmarks etc. :blush::laugh:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Having a room with a bay window, a circular window, two alcoves and a gase fire in the chimney breast meant that there was only one full length strip of paper that didn't need a width adjustment and it was a nightmare to do. When I wall papered the room only to be asked by my wife to do it again because she couldn't find any curtains to match the paper I downed tools and went on strike. She then employed a decorator to use anaglypta and emulsion to do the room then declared, once she payed him and he'd left, that his work was inferior to mine. I took comfort that I had not contributed to the cost of the redecoration.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
You can't beat a bit of woodchip.

There's woodchip paper on my walls and it's been emulsioned over the top! Classic style :girl:

When say 'my walls' I mean the walls in the flat I rent. The place needs a re-vamp to be quite honest! I won't describe my curtains...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I won't describe my curtains...

IMG_5618.jpg

Hmmmm,
"weeks to strip hall, landings and 2 flights of stairs of woodsoddinchip. Plasterer next and then another 2 weeks to paint the bally thing."
Guess who?:whistle:
OK, you can beat it but it takes a bit of effort. I'd already done 6 other rooms at that point.

Top Bottom