Wandering walkers and irresponsible dog walkers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The HC is not a law.

So what relevance does the hc have for us in what were discussing about dogs?
Do i understand correctly - your saying that the hc says dogs should be kept on a lead but the reality is that the hc is meaningless.
What about your park bylaws what do they say.
The hc is obviously a waste of time.
If your park bylaws say that dogs have to be kept on a lead then cant you contact the police.
What does the park bylaws say about dog shix ?

bore off chum...

what does this mean ???

everything I posted was fact..do you not agree that you hate dogs and their owners?

Are you a scoutmaster? ....pretty dire indictment on your profession if you ask me

You do seem rather spitefull. Isnt it possible to discuss without the personal bitterness.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
everything I posted was fact..do you not agree that you hate dogs and their owners?

Are you a scoutmaster? ....pretty dire indictment on your profession if you ask me

I don't agree, I'm neutral about dogs in general. I do dislike dogs that are left to roam , not in control, that are on extending leads because it's selfishly more convinient, that shoot in public places, are agrressive and are noisy. That is the vast majority of dogs that I meet .

I'm not a scoutmaster ( I've never been a member of the BSA) , it's not a profession, and I didn't ask you.

as someone who called me 'disingenuous or imho pretty pathetic' you have a sense of the ridiculous.

I was commenting on your lapse into name calling not you personally.
I still think your resorting to innapropriate name calling was pretty pathetic.
However i had presumed that this was just a one off aberation but it seems not.

NotFabian

EACC
It is quite conceivable that notfabians speed limit for cyclists exist *so lets give him the benefit of the doubt.
It these dog owners are in contravention of the law isnt there something you can do about it such as contacting the police ?

Not mine, Local county council.i.e. County Antrim.

The path in question runs along side Belfast Lough, Belfast, Northern Ireland.

*Thanks so much...I feel privileged.

thumbsup.png

Not mine, Local county council.i.e. County Antrim.

The path in question runs along side Belfast Lough, Belfast, Northern Ireland.

*Thanks so much...I feel privileged.

:thumbsup:

Yes lccs but colloquially known as notfabians speed limit. Just trying to move the discussion on rather than let it get hung up on hairsplitting, as your point was a good one and i thought it fitting to give you the benefit.
*My pleasure.:thumbsup:

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I do wish the vast majority of the people taking their dog out for a crap had your point of view.

I have seen both groups of people acting stupidly and selfishly but where the system seems to work best is where there is some mutual understanding and cooperation. As a member of both groups I have sympathies for both and feel the irritations of both, as I'm sure a lot of people do. Cyclists I think should slow down on multi purpose paths and dog walkers should be aware of cyclists and pedestrians and other dog walkers and keep the dogs under apropriate control (which I do not happen to agree needs to be on the lead at all times but tailored to the particular conditions)

Finaly when the odd mishap occurs it behoves both parties to take a breath before leaping to the throat of the other and simply aknoelwdge that sometimes these things happen when a lot of people are trying to exist in the same space. A little bit of hunility on both sides goes a long way. And if people have been being careful of other users needs and slowing their speed on their bikes and covering the brakes and dog owners have mede efforts to keep the dog under control then these mishaps, inevitable as they are, will be kept to a minimum and will be of a far less serious nature than if everyone was going hell for leather and and letting dogs do anything.

It doesn't have to be such a fraught and confrontational experience. We all have a choice in the matter.

snorri

Legendary Member
Approx 5miles of my commute is on a shared path, the bye-law relating to national cycle network in relation to speed is 5mph(dunno if its the same across the country)

It's certainly not the same across the country, I've never seen a speed limit on any part of the NCN, although perhaps these exist where the NCN passes throug a Park subject to Local Byelaws.

It's certainly not the same across the country, I've never seen a speed limit on any part of the NCN, although perhaps these exist where the NCN passes throug a Park subject to Local Byelaws.

Got it!

I noticed the comments about a speed limit for cyclists in certain areas e.g. like you say subject to by laws. I was certain I've seen something and I had, its Hamstead Heath: Covered by a bye-law cycling is restricted to 8mph.

Theres a few different sites I found with that info: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...hampstead+heath+park&spell=1&biw=1153&bih=395

So at best guess anywhere else in the UK where such a sign exists it may not be covered by a law as such, but if you are in a park that does have a speed limit advised and you break it - potentially you could be ejected from the park? (If they catch you lol!)

doog

I was commenting on your lapse into name calling not you personally.
I still think your resorting to innapropriate name calling was pretty pathetic.
However i had presumed that this was just a one off aberation but it seems not.

Indeed a one off, I managed two years without hardly breathing on here until you popped up. How did you do it?

Top Bottom