Wandering walkers and irresponsible dog walkers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doog

I do dislike dogs that are left to roam , not in control, that are on extending leads because it's selfishly more convinient, that shoot in public places, are agrressive and are noisy. That is the vast majority of dogs that I meet .

I cannot accept that the vast majority of dogs you meet are aggressive and noisy. I do agree that they 'shoot in public places' I mean thats what dogs do! Hence we rely on owners picking it up.

I have a 5 mile trailway behind me, NCN 25 . I have cycled or ran this route almost daily for 25 years. It is heavily used by dog walkers and cyclists. Indeed its a major commuting route for cyclists between two towns. In 25 years I have come across about 2 aggressive dogs, both when running and when I surprised them . Strangely enough dogs rarely bark when being taken for a walk so the route isnt filled with aggressive, noisy dogs.

Please, please enlighten us all on where you are meeting these hounds from hell because quite frankly I dont believe you. (or if as I think you are greatly exaggerating)

I am not a dog lover, my children wanted one so as usual I end up walking the bugger (so can offer a view from both sides)

doog

Nobody can force you to call someone names.

what did I call him? I actually accused Brompton of being a troll (as in trolling) the other guy took exception to this and to this end still wont leave it.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
what did I call him? I actually accused Brompton of being a troll (as in trolling) the other guy took exception to this and to this end still wont leave it.

Sorry, I was mixing you up with someone else. I promise to get my facts straight before being nosey and interfering again.

Presumably im "other guy" :hello:.
Yes i did point out that you calling little yellow brompton a troll was wrong - why ? because afaiaa lyb isnt a troll , at least afaiaaa in this context . Debate the issue like a responsible adult dont resort to name calling.
Still wont leave it ?. Im just dialoguing with you , fabian and lyb and now cyclopathic , presumably you would have preferred it if i had not entered the discussion at all.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
I cannot accept that the vast majority of dogs you meet are aggressive and noisy. I do agree that they 'shoot in public places' I mean thats what dogs do! Hence we rely on owners picking it up.

I have a 5 mile trailway behind me, NCN 25 . I have cycled or ran this route almost daily for 25 years. It is heavily used by dog walkers and cyclists. Indeed its a major commuting route for cyclists between two towns. In 25 years I have come across about 2 aggressive dogs, both when running and when I surprised them . Strangely enough dogs rarely bark when being taken for a walk so the route isnt filled with aggressive, noisy dogs.

Please, please enlighten us all on where you are meeting these hounds from hell because quite frankly I dont believe you. (or if as I think you are greatly exaggerating)

I am not a dog lover, my children wanted one so as usual I end up walking the bugger (so can offer a view from both sides)

Please don't try to cherry pick I said the vast majority of dogs that I see are either , not on a lead, not under control, on extending leads or aggresive /and or noisy.

Dogs shoot in public , shared spaces, but that's not what they do, that's what owners let them get away with.

As for where I see them...

I use about .5 mile of NCN04 every day and about 13 miles of the the Taff Trail when I'm in the mood. In addittion my office widown overlooks |NCN 04 and I can see quite easily the dog that are left to their own devices by owners. I'm sure you don't want to believe me, but please be assured , I can count, and I can work out percentages.

doog

Presumably im "other guy" :hello:.
Yes i did point out that you calling little yellow brompton a troll was wrong - why ? because afaiaa lyb isnt a troll , at least afaiaaa in this context . Debate the issue like a responsible adult dont resort to name calling.
Still wont leave it ?. Im just dialoguing with you , fabian and lyb and now cyclopathic , presumably you would have preferred it if i had not entered the discussion at all.

yes you are the other guy and yes you wont leave it alone.

I dont want you to 'dialogue' with me thank you. If want to join in the aggressive dog shitting debate then please do with your own experiences. LYB has offered his experiences above and so have I . We live in different parts of the country and as a result have massively differing views.

Back to the subject. Our Council have provided dog bins on nearly all paths and trailways and have done for years. Perhaps this is the reason for different dog owner behaviour between our respective areas. Could it be that down here dog owners are more responsible?

Little yellow Brompton

Please don't try to cherry pick I said the vast majority of dogs that I see are either , not on a lead, not under control, on extending leads or aggresive /and or noisy.

Dogs shoot in public , shared spaces, but that's not what they do, that's what owners let them get away with.

As for where I see them...

I use about .5 mile of NCN04 every day and about 13 miles of the the Taff Trail when I'm in the mood. In addittion my office widown overlooks |NCN 04 and I can see quite easily the dog that are left to their own devices by owners. I'm sure you don't want to believe me, but please be assured , I can count, and I can work out percentages.

Didn't take long 7 minutes after my last post , here is the first turd dispenser.

Note owner, not dog , not on lead, owner on phone, dog running after it's had shoot ( on one of the lumps of earth out of shot) .

doog

Bugger! Picture not attached , let me know if you want it.

any dog bins in the area? Was the dog aggressive and barking?
whistling.gif

The Council around here made a point of spraying dog shoot blue before highlighting the nearby bins. Seems to have worked. In Bournemouth down the road the Council give away free dog shoot bags- does any of that happen up your way?

Little yellow Brompton

any dog bins in the area? Was the dog aggressive and barking?
whistling.gif

The Council around here made a point of spraying dog shoot blue before highlighting the nearby bins. Seems to have worked. In Bournemouth down the road the Council give away free dog shoot bags- does any of that happen up your way?

Dog bins ? What relevance have those, the dog was off the lead , behind the owner, the owner was on the phone not paying attention. And yes there is a bin 3 yrds up the road.

Barking and agressive? Cherry pciking again. I suggest you go , again, and read again, what i said the majority of dogs i encounter are , aggresive was one subset.

BTW the scores on the door are so far 3 dogs off lead, 0 on lead, 0 Extending lead.

Little yellow Brompton

I dont want you to 'dialogue' with me thank you. If want to join in the aggressive dog shitting debate then please do with your own experiences. LYB has offered his experiences above and so have I . We live in different parts of the country and as a result have massively differing views.

Back to the subject. Our Council have provided dog bins on nearly all paths and trailways and have done for years. Perhaps this is the reason for different dog owner behaviour between our respective areas. Could it be that down here dog owners are more responsible?

I doubt responsibilty has much to do with it, perhaps enforcment.

Yes i get the distinct impression that you have a low toleration point for people answering you back and giving opinions that are contrary to your own.
However this is a forum for open debate so i fear that you may occasionally find people dont allways just pat you on the head and say "oh what a lovely doogy".

Little yellow Brompton

Yes i get the distinct impression that you have a low toleration point for people answering you back and giving opinions that are contrary to your own.
However this is a forum for open debate so i fear that you may occasionally find people dont allways just pat you on the head and say "oh what a lovely doogy".

I'm still trying to work out how the council providing bins enables owners to put dogs on leads?Maybe they are made of the same magic metal as bike bells as it seems they have the same effect?

twobiker

Why does there need to be an" aggressive dog shitting debate", if the dog is aggressive call the authorities.

I walk my dog. I walk him off the lead. I let him shoot in public spaces which I them promptly pick up and dispose of in the nearest bin. If I see another walker with a dog off lead, he stays off lead. If I see another walker with dog on lead or simply by themselves, he goes on lead til we've passed.

I find the stereotype of dogs being EITHER out of control, shitting, aggressive, noisy or (fill in blank here) as wrong to make as the stereotypes that all cyclists red light jump, hold up traffic, don't pay road tax, and should stick to cycle paths.

Both stereotypes are, from my personal experience, incorrect. Of course there's always some from both groups that break the rule, but it's not far to tar everyone with the same brush.

Top Bottom