Wanna run my line?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

You regularly hear the mention of 'County Lines' on R4 news with reference to drugs as though everybody knows what it means.

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
In the drugs trade, there is a hierarchy where the runners are the most junior 'staff'. Their job is to move the drugs from one place to another and to sell directly to the punter.

This is to protect the main dealer/s from the police in the event the runner gets caught.

The reference to a 'line' is where the main dealer will allocate a territory to one of his runners. It also stems from the telephone number given to that runner i.e. hotline for punters to call.

It's rather concerning that I'd get that sort of offer. Then again only a real dickhead would make it to a complete stranger.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
The scrapings from my Y fronts are sold locally as hashish.
Isn't that fraud? :unsure:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
It's rather concerning that I'd get that sort of offer. Then again only a real dickhead would make it to a complete stranger.

Actually no. You said they were Asian, which suggests you're probably not. It's well known by the police and the authorities that in a lot of inner cities, Asians are over represented in the drugs trade.

It's makes perfect sense to employ someone who doesn't fit that demographic to do the street work. Less likely to arouse the eye of the police.

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
Actually no. You said they were Asian, which suggests you're probably not. It's well known by the police and the authorities that in a lot of inner cities, Asians are over represented in the drugs trade.

It's makes perfect sense to employ someone who doesn't fit that demographic to do the street work. Less likely to arouse the eye of the police.

I said they were Asian because "wanna run my line" might be a British-Asian phrase. I could have been an off-duty police officer or a member of a rival gang for all they knew.

Oh, and my ancestry stretches across Europe through Asia to the Pacific.

Top Bottom