Wanted: old peugeot 501steel frame - already fixed flip flop or a project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I should know better on the n+1 fronts but looking for a 52cm steel frame old peugeot as I'd like to convert it to fixed (my Dolan fixed is so low it's not enjoyable on the roads).

Even better if it's already converted but trying to keep costs as low as possible. Looking for a bargain.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
if you wanted a 60cm size i have tyhe ideal frame but got nothing that small

stevevw

Guru
@ttcycle Have a look for one of the many Raleigh Mixte frames. They make excellent cheap fixed bikes, some came as 26" wheel with massive clearances so you could use your Dolan wheels to keep the costs down. I have loads of old parts so if you go that route let me know if you need anything.
Steve

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I got a Carlton frame in the end. On here to ask about handlebars in fact!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I need 38cm ideally with 40 just acceptable. Quill stem with 25.4 centre. I also need a certain drop size to refit sti brake shifters. The 42cm bars on the bike currently don't suit me, having quite small shoulders. Found two on ebay, one alloy and the other steel- waiting to hear sbout drop measurement and prefer the steel one with a slight curve on the bar itself

Firestorm

Veteran
I have a late 70s pug rides ok but a bit tatty . I put some pics on hear last year. Not sure of the size but I have a 29 inside leg so it aint massive.
where are you .

Top Bottom